Trust

"Though...can I tell you something Able?"

Able quirked a brow, looking away from his little Gilgamesh statue.

"There's actually humans that are like you..."

"Worthy of respect?"

He spat mockingly.

"No I mean....you have bouts of rage...episodes."

"Episodes?"

"A finite period in which someone is affected by a specified illness or mental unrest."

You bit your tongue, proceeding carefully.

"I...Sometimes I wonder whether or not I should be locked up in containment too."

Able furrowed his brows as though you were stupid.

"You want to be trapped? Why would you want to be chained like an animal???!"

"Because I have rage states much like you do in a way. Mine were caused by humans to in a way...."

"Humans are disgusting..."

Able mumbled.

Muttering you continued.

"Though humanity describes it as PTSD. And the funny thing is not all who have it, have it like I do."

Able crossed his arms.

"And? What does PTSD stand for? And if some humans are like me why don't they have to be locked up like me???"

"Post-traumatic stress disorder. Its kind of like you but not quite the same."

"Oh? And is it so different? Both are caused by humans are they not?"

"When I have an episode...I hallucinate enemies that aren't there."

You began.

"When really the person standing there could be a friend or someone I care about.... But if my brain is tricking me into seeing an enemy- I end up hurting those I care about."

Leaning onto the table you looked over at Able.

You wracked your mind trying to think of a way to get Able to understand.

"Do you....do you remember your sister, Able?"

You questioned softly, remembering you'd read somewhere that adam and eve had more children.

"Which one?"

You bit your lip.

"Let's say....Azura."

Was that it?

"My little sister?"

Thank god.

"Yes."

"Okay....?"

Oh god this was gonna be risky.

"What if you were seeing things that weren't truly there? What if...."

You inhaled sharply.

"....You saw Cain standing there when he really wasn't...and you killed him only for him to disappear and you to realise you'd really killed your sister?"

Silence.

You waited tensely, expecting him to go into his rage state at the mere mention of Cain.

"That's what happens?"

You nodded.

"Yeah....I haven't seen my family in a long time because....."

Steel eyes bore into you.

"...I could hurt or possibly kill them. All from trying to protect and fight for things I cared about in the first place."

It was silent for several moments.

At first you thought Able had simply stopped paying attention.

But his voice broke the elongated silence.

"The true sacrifice of a warrior..."

You hadn't meant to be solemnly reflecting on your own issues in the midst of this but...

You needed Able to be able sympathize and understand humanity in some way.

And you...

You were sure you could relate to Able more then most.

Maybe that's what triggered you to want to help him so much in the first place...

You saw yourself in him.