Discussion

"So....it's come to my attention that SCP 076 has been implemented previously in a mobile task group?"

"You would be correct, Researcher L/n. However-"

The chairman began, folding his fingers on the long meeting table.

"-He managed to disable to collar failsafe and go rogue. It reached a point where we were forced to detonate an on sight warhead, killing all on-site personnel."

He cleared his throat.

"Now the foundation is quite used to this amount of casualties but we do try to avoid it if we can. So tell me...what exactly is the goal here? What do you intend to try and do?"

"Well sir..."

You began, flipping through your documentations you had brought with you.

"-I'm sure you've heard about my erm...recent interactions with 076."

The bearded man nodded, motioning the surveillance.

"Of course. It's not everyday one of our staff manages to take down an SCP single-handedly. Especially twice."

"And did you look at the details of the second encounter?"

You questioned, offering him a folder.

"Yes. I watched it unfold. Seeing as the council requested the interview we saw it as only fit for us to physically watch it."

"And your thoughts on the subjects behaviour?"

The man appeared to stroke his face thoughtfully.

"This type of reaction has been...undocumented. The subject showed no signs of this behaviour recently."

"Yes. And with this behaviour is the possibility of another inlet. If I had the chance to interact and attempt to work with the subject we might be able to figure out smoother means of containment."

He handed the folder back to you, glancing around at the other members of the board.

"It's come to my attention as of late its been harder to contain him. And I think with different forms of stimulation it might be possible to keep him under wraps. He's already breached four times in the last month. And you've seen I'm quite capable of self defense so I wouldn't require security teams inside the containment cell with me. So in the event he managed to kill me I'd likely be the only casualty. But with all my training and my interactions with him thus far my death is highly unlikely."

You held your hands behind your back.

"Listen gentlemen. I know I'm new here and that quite frankly I might seem cocky but...."

You inhaled deeply.

"You've brought it to my attention that the associations motto is 'Be cold not cruel'..... i'd greatly appreciate being given this chance. We can't continue just repeatedly killing the subject- It only seems to be making him more hostile every time it occurs. We need to figure out a way to use this new inlet to our advantage and get him to a point we can coexist without him trying to kill us because he'll simply just keep respawning and costing us more and more resources. Now is the time, Sir's."

Everyone at the table looked around at one another.

Finally the head chairman spoke.

"If your willing to accept and understand the risk this presents to yourself then I approve of your request to attempt to implement more humane containment measures. All I ask is that you please proceed with caution. Your request is now officially approved, I will notify all on sight personnel."

You smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, Sir."