Chapter Twenty Five

(Draco Malfoy)

I was still buzzing from yesterday, the rush I got from being with Harry was right there from the moment that my eyes snapped open. I had two hours to get ready, it should be long enough. I had made an extra effort every day since we first kissed. I wanted my hair to be perfect for whatever moment might happen next. 

Once I had gotten ready I ran down the stairs, nearly crashing into a couple of first years on the way. I would make sure that they paid for it later if anyone heard about this. When I got to the hall, he was already there, his cheeks flushed and his laugh that I loved so much ringing in my ears. I wanted to go over to him and kiss those lips. I wished that I had the courage to do that. I had spent all night considering it, considering being in public with him. 

All of a sudden, I wanted to do it. I wanted to go up to him and sit next to him, holding his hand. So I did. I walked up to the Gryffindor table and sat down in the empty space on Harry's left-hand side. His head shot up and he looked surprised, but he smiled when he saw me. I grabbed his hand and clasped it to mine and placing them on the table in the middle of us. I began to make myself a bowl of cereal and was just getting the milk when his questioning look stopped me. "What's this all about?" He sounded puzzled. "Oh, sorry. I thought you would be happy with this." I dropped his hand and went to get up when he said "No, no I'm okay with it. I just didn't expect you to be." "I've been thinking for a while about this, and I want to be with you no matter what." His face lit up and he grabbed my hand and kissed it.