Chapter Seven

(Hermione Granger)

That was odd. Neither Harry nor Ron were here for dinner yet. Ron never missed a meal and Hermione knew that Harry wouldn't be with Ron. He seemed too keen to make sure people knew that they weren't a couple. Oh well, I suppose they just got caught up and would be there later. At least it gave me time to think about SPEW. I was definitely back to eating though. I was hungry and the food here was too good. 

After lunch, the next time I was going to see either of them was in the common room tonight. None of them had very much homework but I strongly suspected that would change soon. That would be a good time to talk to them all. They hardly seemed to be spending any time together at the moment. That, however, didn't change the fact that they were all best friends. As I climbed the stairs to my bedroom I wondered what was up with those boys. That thought drifted out of my mind pretty soon after though, when I got her book and carried it downstairs to read in front of the fire. 

I snapped her book shut with a jolt when I felt someone sitting on the arm of her chair. Looks like Ron was here then. "Where were you at dinner Ron?" "Oh, I decided to skip and stayed in my room." He said this like it was the most normal thing in the world but I decided to ignore it. "Oh okay, that's odd that you and Harry both weren't here then." "Harry wasn't there either? Oh." He sounded genuinely shocked. I guess he wasn't in his room them. "Come to think of it he wasn't in any of our classes either. I wonder what's up with him." I shrugged and went back to reading my book, it was actually pretty good but then when had I ever read a book and not liked it.