Chapter Two

(Harry Potter)

Harry hadn't slept well. I had never been great at it but it was worse now than ever. It was one week into term, still fresh with the events at the quidditch world cup. Most nights I woke up out of breath and with images of the chaos running through my head. It was only a week into term and everyone was talking about the Triwizard tournament.  I wouldn't have entered. I didn't really see the point in it. The last thing I wanted was people thinking that I wanted even more fame. 

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't, it had been so long since I slept well that I wasn't even surprised anymore. I just read one of my books either until I drifted into a restless sleep or until morning came. Today I drifted into another restless sleep and found that I didn't wake up until everyone else did. I dressed quickly, trying to avoid conversation. The last thing I wanted was Ron or Hermionie knowing how badly I was sleeping, it would just make them even more worried about me than usual. It was like they were in love with me or something. I really hoped that they weren't. I was gay for starters, and I had my sights set on someone else. Not that it would ever happen. 

I made my way down to breakfast in a rush, I was hungry from the long nights. I shoveled in my bacon and eggs keeping my eyes on the table in front of me. When I looked up, Malfoy was staring at me. Oh no, had he found out about Harry. Who knows what would happen to Harry if the whole school found out. I didn't actually know anyone who was out at school. Maybe, I thought, it could be good for me. Might help other people as well. I made up my mind to tell Ron and Hermionie the next time they were alone. I had a feeling that wouldn't take long, teachers had been piling on the homework and he had a feeling they would be up for ages completing it.