Chapter Three

(Harry Potter)

Sitting in the common room after dinner, I made up my mind to tell my friends that I was gay. I could tell them anything right? I got out everything I needed for my homework and went to sit in the common room at their usual table. Normally they would sit here and play games but today I wanted the cover of noise for his big reveal. For the first hour, I got on with my work, hardly looking up from the book I was reading. I was sure Hermionie was pleased with this. Ron, on the other hand, would likely be bored out of his mind with no one to muck about with. I decided now would probably be the perfect time to say something to them.

"G-guys?". My voice was shaking and I more nervous than I ever had been before. Ron looked grateful for a break from homework but Hermionie looked annoyed at the interruption. "I have something to tell you, I'm gay." I looked down, avoiding my friend's eyes. When I dared to look up I was relieved.  Hermione rushed to hug him, Ron, however, looked at something in the distance. Then he blurted out all in one go, "I wasn't going to tell you this yet but I'm gay too." "You are?" Harry asked. Ron nodded. "I'm so proud of you two," Hermione said with a motherly look in her eyes. "Anything you want to tell us?" Ron said. Hermione just laughed and went back to her work. 

When Ron and Harry were in their room later Harry asked, "How long have you known?" "Only a few months, when you came out I thought that it would be the perfect time for me too as well." Harry thought that this was incredibly brave of him, it took a good few years for him to come to terms with his sexuality. "So," Ron began, "do you like anyone?" I paused for a few seconds and eventually decided that I might as well tell him. "Yeah, I've had a crush on Draco for a few years." Ron looked utterly shocked. "I thought you two hated each other?" I ignored this comment and asked Ron, "Do you?" "Yeah, but I can't tell you who." "K, night then."

As I got ready for bed I wondered why Ron wouldn't tell anyone and wondered what would happen in the morning. Would there be rumors? What would people say? I eventually decided to leave it and worry about it when the time came.