Chapter Six

(Harry Potter)

Wow, Draco Malfoy and just told me that he likes me. What was happening to me? Did he really like me? This wasn't a trick, was it? What if it was a trick, what then? I looked into his eyes and I saw desperation looking back out. Oh no, I'd waited too long to reply to him and now he thought I didn't like him. Suddenly I knew that it was real. I knew that he really liked me. I looked into those grey eyes and I saw love looking back out at me, and hurt. I wasn't used to this. The only time I had ever seen someone show me love was Hermione, Ron, and his family. I didn't know how I was supposed to react. So I didn't. 

I reached out, pulled him closer to me. And I kissed him. He was shocked, I could feel it. Eventually, he relaxed into it, and when he pulled away his face was the picture of happiness. I laughed. He breathed and laughed with me. Then his face became ashen again. "What is it?" I was worried I had done something wrong now. "Relax, Potter. But I have to ask, why did you do that?" I was stumped. I had done that because I liked him, wasn't that much obvious? "Well, because I like you, I guess." "You guess?" "No need to be so scared ferret boy, I like you. have for a while." He looked at me in disbelief and then he scowled. "Ferret boy? Okay then, Golden boy." I shoved him and he shoved me back. I collapsed in a pile on the floor and pulled him down with me.

We were still laying on the floor about five minutes later when Draco said "We should probably go to lunch now." I thought about it for a second then whispered, "Or we could just stay here?" He nodded and grabbed my arm, pulling me up and running towards the forest. It wasn't my first time in here but I still felt tense as we ran into a clearing and sank down in a heap in each other's arms.