Chapter Twenty Three

(Draco Malfoy)

What? Had he really just told me that he loves me? Did he mean it? I said, "I love you too." Right at the same time that he said, "I'm sorry." We both blushed and looked away. I decided to be brave and I said, "I mean it." He grabbed my hand and said, "Me too, I just got scared that you wouldn't feel the same." 

We must have fallen asleep because I woke up and felt wet grass beneath me. It was freezing by now. I looked at my watch, ten o'clock at night. I gently shook Harry, who had fallen asleep laying curled up on my legs. He woke up with a start, sitting bolt upright and looking around. He relaxed suddenly when he saw me. Did I really have that effect on him? Wow. "What's the time?" His voice was husky and deep from sleep. "It's ten o'clock." He was suddenly wide awake. "Ten? We have to be in bed by ten though." "Honey, we skipped class all day, and you are worried about missing our curfew?" I laughed and he glared at me. He stood up and grabbed my hands to pull me up too. I grabbed the basket that had held our lunch and walked back around the side of the greenhouses. 

We walked up to the castle and snuck in, leaving the basket by the door for a house-elf to pick up later. We ran through the halls again, this time they were bathed in moonlight. He looked so beautiful in this light. I stopped running and stood still, it was a teacher. I grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him into a closet in the hall. There was hardly enough space for one person so we were pressed up against each other, breathing heavily and giggling. We heard footsteps outside and held our breath, hoping we wouldn't be heard. They faded away, continuing down the corridor and out of hearing range.