Chapter Seventeen

(Harry Potter)

I could see that Ron was trying to come up with an excuse for this. Well, it wasn't going to get past me. "How much of our conversation did you hear?" I was furious, who did he think he is? "I didn't hear a word of it I swear!" "As if, I saw you standing there eavesdropping." I was surprised that he had the audacity after what he had just done. "I didn't hear a word, I mean it!" "Then why were you there?" He didn't say anything for a few seconds. "I don't trust him, I think that you should stay away from him. I mean, he's always been rude to you and he has made your life a misery for years. He has insulted all your friends, family, and mine. Do you love him? Does he make you happy?" I was shocked. How dare he? "Don't even go there Ron, I can't do it right now. But yes, he does make me happy and I do love him." I had stumped him now. I shoved my way past him and out to breakfast. 

Hermione gave me a look and I said "Don't even ask." She nodded and began chattering to me about SPEW and her lessons for the day. I wasn't paying any attention and I think she knew but I was grateful for the distraction. I was suddenly ravenous and  I began to eat my way through nearly every single thing there was. Porridge, toast, cereal, crumpets, bacon, eggs, and pancakes. I hadn't even thought I was hungry. Hermione was staring at me like I was strange but I didn't care. I was angry and I was going to do whatever I wanted. "Harry, what happened with you and Ron? You look a little strange." I felt it. Suddenly I got up and ran out of the doors.