Chapter Four

(Ron Weasley)

I had told Harry and Hermione. I wasn't sure how I had expected it to go but this was good. Hermione was looking at us like we were her children. It was slightly creepy but also extremely sweet. It was all good. I had told them and they hadn't gotten mad at me. And then I thought about him. I hadn't told Harry who I liked even though it would have been the perfect time to say it. When he had said Malfoy I was shocked, I thought they hated each other. What was he supposed to say? Me? You wish, I told myself. I had liked him for a few months but I hadn't wanted anything to be weird between us so I just left it alone. I had a feeling that he was going to bug me about this though. Eventually, I fell asleep, Harry's face playing on my mind throughout the night.

When I woke up, it was light outside. I hurriedly dressed and ran downstairs for food. We had potions again and I wanted to skip but I wouldn't let myself. I wanted to save the excuse for another time. As I walked alone to the classroom I heard a whisper and a giggle. Looking around I saw two Slytherin girls staring at me. I looked back and they ran off to wherever they were supposed to be. That was odd. I waited outside my classroom and once inside sat down next to Harry as usual. "Has anyone said anything to you? Ya know, about being gay?" I was confused, "What?" "At first I thought it was a joke but it kept on happening and then I realized someone must have leaked it to everyone." "Bloody hell, that must have been what those girls were talking about," I muttered inaudibly. "What? anyways, they seem to think we are dating so if you could please tell we aren't."

Right at that very moment, Professor McGonnogal walked into the room. I zoned out. All of a sudden it was the end of the lesson, Harry prodded me and we walked out of the lesson together. "Ya know, you still haven't told me who you have a crush on." I knew he was going to do something like this. All I said was, "It's complicated." And then I left him mid-sentence. I could feel people staring at me as I walked quickly away from him. I didn't care if people thought we were dating, let them think. It was what I wanted. Just wait until he starts sticking his tongue down Malfoys throat, then I would be the one who was good. If they thought he left me and moved on so quick.