"Anyway, you're being called in the principal's office for damaging someone's face and..."

Oh shit... The realization dawned on me. Mom was in the principal's office right now. I just had to get her summoned to the school because I had gotten into a fight despite everything going on with her.

Good! A definition of the perfect son.

"Well, if you're done standing there like a zombie, you should start going to the principal's office now." Sophia said again and that was when I noticed that she already has her hand wrapped around Kunmi's elbow and was propelling her out of the studio.

Kunmi turned back, smiled encouragingly at me before Sophia finally dragged her out of my view and the last thing I heard was Sophia telling her that she was going to show up in her, Kunmi's house the next day.

Again, wasn't Sophia supposed to be too busy and up and about with her modelling career?

**********

"I never taught you to settle issues with your fists, Korede so I don't understand where all this rubbish is coming from."

That was what mom screamed at me immediately we got to where she parked her car. I ignored her, opened the car's door, dumped my bag on the back seat before relaxing fully on the passenger seat.

I was going to ignore her and all her words.

"Are you not the one I'm talking to?" She asked again after entering the car and starting the ignition.

"Couldn't you have just talked it out like someone sensible?"

"Why did you even have to apologise to his mom? Did you do anything wrong?"

"So, I should have gotten into a physical brawl with her after you beat up her son that much?"

"Mom... He said insanely rude words about you... I couldn't have just stood there and allowed him to call you... To call you..." I trailed off, feeling frustration and anger course through my veins. It was one thing to see people post all those rude comments about mom online everything, it was another thing to have someone like Rahmon say it rudely to my face like that.

Mom did not say anything for a while, she just kept driving and navigating bends while looking overly serious at it.

Maybe she was really angry at me...

"Korede, I'm not against you getting into fights with your classmates but at least, take a few punches while at it." She turned sideways to look at me and she grabbed my chin with one of her hands as if she was trying to examine my face, "I mean, how is it that you look perfectly fine after beating up someone that badly?"

What?

I just kept staring at mom, unable to believe what just came out of her mouth. I thought she was going to get all angry at me and probably go all out to say she did not raise me to become like dad but she was... What?

She removed her hand from my chin at the same minute a low chuckle escaped my from my mom.

Mom... Really? I just couldn't stop staring at her in wonder and amazement.