19: Bye Kidnappers

"Miko, are you free this evening?" I asked my friend through the phone. I was sitting inside a fancy restaurant which served Italian food. I was going to meet Eric this afternoon and he was five minutes late already.

Fucking brat...

"I'll visit Jarred before he leaves but I think that won't take long, why?"

I focused my vision on the glass doors and crossed my legs. I was only wearing my casual clothes and the manager didn't mind since my foster father owned the place. Fuck the stares that the other customers were giving, I will never wear a tuxedo or any fancy things just to eat tuna. " Sire and I want to invite you to dinner for you know, what happened lately," I said to him. I still can't get over the fact that we had sex in front of Miko who was already awake. I gave Sire occasional punches at the arm whenever I remembered and the perverted bastard would just tease me and grope me in public.

Horny asshole...

I was glad that he will meet his dad somewhere this afternoon or else he'll just beg me not to leave the dorm.

"I TOLD YOU, I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING!" He screamed making me wince and move the phone away from my ear.

"Okay, okay. Just treat this as friends hanging out," I told him. Miko was too defensive. I was the one who should be ashamed. "Meet us at the Korean restaurant just across the Chinese restaurant that we went to last time."

I said goodbye to Miko when I saw Eric enter the area. He was wearing his beanie and his jeans. He had an obvious limp in his walk because of his prosthetic leg. He lost his leg because of my ex-boyfriend who was rotting in jail now. He deserved to be in hell for almost killing Eric.

My younger brother waved at me and smiled, showing his braces. He was a brunette with glasses. He was a bit nerdy but I love him. Eric sat in front of me and fixed his glasses by the side. He narrowed his eyes at me as he observed me with his nose twitching like a chipmunk. He reminded me of Simon from that Chipmunk movie.

"You're getting fatter," he commented.

I snorted. "I guess I am. Sire doesn't stop in buying me food."

Eric covered his mouth and pretended to be shocked. "Is this what they call love?"

I rolled my eyes and tried to hide my reddening face by looking to the side and leaning my cheek against my palm with my elbow on the table. Eric poked my arm with a fork.

"Are you in love Eros, oh wait, I know you are? But I guess the better question is, what is your relationship status with Sire the Hunter of the fox?"

I faced Eric who had a smug smirk on his face like he already knew the answer to his question. I wanted to shut him up with his corny teasing.

"I won't answer that for now."

"The fox has hybristophilia. You are obviously in love with your hunter," he teased. This was the reason I don't want to talk about my love life with Eric. He was going to tease me.

"You're in love with your lover aren't you?"

"I don't have to answer that!"

"It was a rhetorical question."

The waiter took our orders before I could grab Eric's prosthetic leg and slap him with it.

My brother and I had a good relationship alright.

The waiter poured white wine into my glass and he poured Sprite and mixed white wine with it in Eric's glass. I don't know why Eric liked that combination. He didn't like to drink wine without soda being mixed with it. The restaurant's refrigerator had sodas for Eric.