16: HELLO HOSPITAL

My eyes were already blurry from staring at the floor without blinking. I can't get the image of the beaten up Jarred out of my head and the red colored vandalism on top of his beaten up body saying:

"Break up!"

I don't get what was the deal with this psychotic maniac but I was really pissed off because my hands were shaking from the fear that there might be another one of my friends that could get hurt because of Sire and I.

Sire and I...

We were just friends but why was this person so affected by us?

Should we just do what this person was saying and separate rooms?

Will he stop if we obeyed what he said?

I saw two black boots walking towards the seat I was on. "Are you a friend of Jarred Hicks?" I looked up and saw that he was a police officer. I stood up and nodded. "Do you know if he has any enemies or if he got in a fight with someone recently? Is he currently in a fraternity? I was told that you kids are in college."

"Oh um, I don't think that he has any enemies. He hasn't mentioned it but I think you should ask Miko, his roommate about it. He's in Jarred's room," I informed him. Jarred was a friend but more like a hang out friend. I don't know him that much.

The officer nodded. "Do you have any ideas of the vandalism on the wall on top of him at the crime scene?" he asked. I swallowed my saliva and felt this nervousness inside of me. Should I tell him? I should...This doesn't just concern Sire and I but our friends were getting involved as well.

"Officer, um my roommate and I were getting these weird boxes in front of our dorm room. I think that the person who did this to Jarred wanted to break this non-existent romantic relationship between my roommate and me."

The officer narrowed his eyes and brought out his notebook with his pen. "Tell me the contents of the boxes. Do you still have them?"

I shook my head no. I will not keep dead animals for God's sakes. That was just creepy.

"I don't have them anymore. We received a dead cat, a dead bird, and some cake that we decided not to eat since it might be poisonous. There were letters attached to it with some threats. There was also this incident where there was this pot that fell and almost hit me."

The officer finished his notes. "We better get you a detective. This sounds serious son," the officer said sternly. Now that he emphasized that our situation was indeed dangerous...I was getting the shivers. Sire came up to us holding a plastic with some items inside.

"My dad is a detective so maybe I can ask him to help," Sire said. The officer nodded, he brought out a card and gave it to us.

"Well in any case, you can call this detective. What I can advise you for now are to lock your doors and always have someone if you are going out. And since the both of you are targets, it might be better for you two to stick together. We will ask the university you are in to have more guards for more safety and security."

"Thanks officer," I sighed.

Talking to police officers always lightened up my burden, maybe this was why I also decided to become a cop. The police officers saluted at us and walked inside of Jarred's room. Sire and I sat on the chairs near the nurse's station and I zoned out in my own little world again. I was honestly getting tired of this shit. This made me just want to drop school and then hunt for this motherfucker.

I felt something cold pressing against my cheek. I looked to my right and saw a pink Popsicle held by Sire. The guy looked like he wasn't at all affected by what happened. I looked at Sire and just stared at the popsicle. Sire grunted and slapped me...hard.