To Survive (Chapter 1 Part 4)

I woke up to the announcement and got ready. I headed to dinning hall. Afterall there's nothing else I could do really. When I entered all eyes were on me. I simply headed to the kitchen. As I was looking around, I heard footsteps, I turned around to be met with Sayaka.

Asu: Need something?

She walked closer to me. She held both my hands. I couldn't hide the nervousness in my face as she pulled down my mask.

Asu: S-Sayaka? W-What are you-

Sayaka: Look, I don't know why you're keeping to yourself, but I just want to get to know you.

Her finger brushed my gloved hand.

Asu: I- Erm I-?

I had lost all composure and wasn't sure why. My heart was beating so fast and felt my stomach twisting. What was going on?

She brushed my cheek with her other hand which made the heat raise in my face.

Sayaka: Your adorable when you blush.

I looked at her still confused of what was going on. Without warning she trapped me in an embrace. A bit unsure I simply placed my hand at her waist. I brought her closer in. I wasn't sure why, but this felt new somehow... It felt good... and I didn't want it to end.

Sayaka: I'll always be there if you need to talk.

While this scene was going, the others were watching from the dinning hall. Although too caught in the moment I hadn't notice. She broke the embrace and held my hands in hers.

Sayaka: Let's go eat!

Asu: Sure, I just need a moment.

She noded with a smile and I stood there absolutely shocked. What just happened... I pulled my mask back up and tried putting on emotionless gaze. After a minute or so I calmed down and head out to sit with the others. I sat down beside Celeste which was smirking at me.

My composure  was still a bit shaky and Celeste seemed to notice it, explaining the smirk on her face. As I put my hand in front of me tangled with each other, I felt a hand on mine and looked over to see Celeste.

Celeste: Is something the matter Dear?

Asu: N-No everything is fine.

I cringed by my stuttering. I got up and excused myself. I wasn't sure what had just happened, but I knew it couldn't happen again.

I decided to head to my room to cool down a bit. The embrace felt like something I had never feel. It felt good somehow...

After an hour or so I finally calmed down and decided to go searching for a bit. The emotionless gaze I had came back and I was determined to not let if fall again.

I looked into a classroom for half and hour inspecting every part of it. As the conclusion of the research came without anything new I let a sigh and heard a voice.

Monokuma: What's up kiddo!?

I screamed at his sudden appearance.

Asu: What the hell are you doing here!?

Monokuma: Someone's jumpy after being touched by the Pop sensation Sayaka Maizono!

Asu: You make it seem so much dirtier than it is, now what do you want?

Monokuma: I was wondering what you were doing? Ya know standing alone in a classroom speaking your thoughts out loud may appear crazy to someone else.

Asu: Whatever I don't have time for this.

As I was about to walk out what he said next stopped me.

Monokuma: I thought you wanted to learn more about your Handbook-

Asu: Tell me what you know!

Monokuma: Please have some respect for your headmaster jeez! Well there is a mystery behind it, but that's for you to uncover!

And just like that he vanished... I stood there even more confused that I already was. The door opened, but I was too deep in thoughts to realise.

Celeste: Darling, is everything alright? I heard screaming coming from here.

Asu: I'm fine, that bear appeared out of no where and scared me. 

Celeste: I thought you wouldn't be the type to get scared easily. 

Asu: I am not, I just-

Celeste walked closely to me and grabbed one of my hand. I guess she was expecting a smilar reaction then last time, but to her surprise I was totally emotionless. She decided to to take it a step further and reached to my mask. I grabbed her wrist, which shocked her. I gently pulled her hand down and pulled my mask down on my own. 

Celeste: Why do you wear the mask, do you have some kind of decease? 

Asu: I don't want to talk about it.  

Asu's expression seemed to soften a bit. It was still unreadable, but it seemed less stiff than usual. As Celeste thought to herself, she saw her blushing a bit, although it quickly faded away. She still decided to tease the girl. She wasn't sure why, but the girl had caught her attention.  

Celeste: Why are you blushing dear. Is something the matter. 

Asu: No. 

Celeste wasn't expecting such a sharp answer. 

Asu: I have to go somewhere. See you around. 

I walked out quickly going to the laundry room.

Yasuhiro was already there reading a magazine. I started doing my laundry and sat down. He then offered to read my future which I refused. He tried convincing me, but I held my point. At one point he gave up and we simply chatted although he was the one talking. After a while he got up to grab his laundry.

Yasuhiro: Thanks for the distraction! It was nice hanging out with you.

I smiled under my mask, I wasn't sure why, but the walls I had bult were slowly starting to melt, although I didn't see it as a bad thing, at least for now.

 My laundry now down I headed back to my room. I was tired from thinking about what Monokuma had told me. I showered and went to bed even if it was only 8 p.m.