Truth be told (Chapter 3 part 1)

After what had just happened, I cried all night... I couldn't show up for breakfast. Someone came knocking on my door, but I ignored it. There was a new level of the school unlocked, but at what cost... I could of stop him.... Another knock later was heard, but this time I answered.

It was Sakura.

Sakura: Are you okay Asu? We were all worried about you. You didn't show up for the breakfast meeting.

Asu: I didn't feel like it...

My eyes were probably red and puffy from crying so much. 

Asu: I-I couldn't protect him... I couldn't help him... 

Tears started running down my cheek once more. She took me in her arm and I cried. 

Sakura: Asu, don't blame yourself. You did your best and unfortunately even you couldn't of predicted or stop it. 

The answer she got was more sobbing. I hated the fact that I couldn't save him, but she's right even if I did something I couldn't of stopped it. 

Sakura: I do not want to rush you, but if you feel comfortable maybe you should come with us looking the new level of the school. You shouldn't stay here and dwell.

Asu: You're right, I'll just wash my face. 

I walked slowly to my bathroom to splash my face with cold water. Sakura walked with me for a bit, but went on her own. I decided to explore a bit too. I went into the gaming room. 

Celeste: Asu Darling, why didn't you show up for breakfast. 

I didn't want to appear weak. With everything that happened...

Asu: I simply overslept.

I lied and she knew, but she also knew better than to push it. 

I looked around and heard Makoto's voice.

Makoto: So this is...

Celeste: A recreation room. A place for students to come and relax... 

Makoto: I never would've imagined a school having a place like this... 

Celeste: Well, no normal school would. It has Othello, shogi even a dartboard and a pool table. And look at this... They have even provided us with a remarkable number of magazines. Those will certainly be helpful in keeping our boredom at bay. 

Monokuma: Rin ring rin! Hello there! Allow me to expound! We've got fashion, motorcycles, martial arts, video games, baseball, science, all kinds of magazines! Oh, but nothing dirty! This is a school after all. If you need a quick fix, check out the swimsuit mags! 

Celeste: And will you be adding to our collection as new issues come out? 

Monokuma: Sorry, no can do. Even if I wanted to, right now magazines are kinda... 

Makoto: Kinda what..? 

Monokuma: Oops! Nothing, never mind, no no no! Anyway, that's it for my expoundation. Bye-bye! 

Celeste: What he just said... 

Makoto: I know, right? it bothers me too...

Celeste: Life here would be that much nice if he could add some new isues once in a while. How disappointing. 

Makoto: R-Really...?

He seemed to have noticed I was there.

Makoto: Oh hey Asu, are you feeling ok? You didn't show up for breakfast this morning.

Asu: I simply overslept.

Same monotone voice. Same tone. No emotions.

Makoto: Are you sure it's just that.

I kept quiet.

Celeste: Perhaps it's better to simply let her be. 

He noded and left the room leaving me and Celeste alone. Without thinking I threw a dart at the dartboard which stucked right in the middle. I felt her judgemental look on me, but this time it was different. I wasn't sure why. I heard her footstep approach. 

Celeste: If you let your emotion consume you and you don't adapt you'll be the next one to die. 

I looked at her. 

Celeste: Or you might just do something regretable. 

She meant like Sayaka and Mondo. Both were driven to that stage on emotions.

I felt her hand on my shoulder.

Celeste: I know how hard it is to lose someone you were close with, but they may have walked over the bridge of death, but you're still here. Chihiro would of wanted you to keep going. 

This time it wasn't judgemental or anything. She was trying to comfort me. Which was odd... She seems so cold and distant, but with me she's different...

Asu: Why are you so different with me... but with the others you refuse to show that side of you.

She kept quiet. 

Celeste: Because I believe in you. I believe you're more than what you think of yourself. 

Asu: Do you really mean it. 

Celeste: I do. 

I looked at her. He red eyes were pirecing through me.  

Asu: Thank you.

Celeste: For what?

Asu: For keeping me on the right path.

She looked at me with a slight confusion. She was a strange person, but none the less, when she wanted she could be nice. 

Asu: You're right, letting emotion conssume you will result in something similar of what already happened twice. 

Celeste: I'm happy we're on the same line, but there's still something that is bothering me.

Asu: And that is?

Celeste: You're secret. 

Asu: Erm, yes what about it... 

Celeste: Is it true?

Asu: Yes.

She gave me a smile, not her usual smile. He smile that meant she cared.

Celeste: Good, then  I'll be on my way.

And just like that she left the room leaving me standing there.