5 - At Least It's Biology Class

Two hours of sleep is better than nothing, but two hours of sleep in two days is relatively bad. Still better than nothing, but not ideal either and yet that's what Chan is living off of right now.

He probably shouldn't have come into school in retrospect, but it was too late now as he sat and listened to his biology teacher whirr on about microorganisms and the properties of different types of cells. Honestly, if Chan had to hear the words cytoplasm or nucleus one more bloody time-

His thoughts practically paused when he felt a tiny spark go through his head.

Oh no.

He shook his head a little and picked up his pen, starting to doodle to distract himself. Changbin was sitting next to him again. It was the same class he was late to on Tuesday and Chan really hated the office staff for making him have biology for a double period first thing in the morning on a Tuesday and a Friday.

It was their job, and he felt guilty about hating them for this because they had to figure everything out with all the other year groups. But it was just so hard to like them when all they'd do if you spoke to them was ask your name and then type it in with the annoying clink of acrylic nails. Or give you an ice pack when you were literally bleeding out because they decided that office ladies could double as doctors.

There was still 25 minutes of class, half a period, and Chan nearly groaned out loud when he realized it.

Though once again, his thought process was cut off by another sharp pain in his head. He could feel it at the back of his head and began rubbing at the area in a pathetic attempt to soothe it.

Another tug and he sucked through his teeth, drawing the attention of Changbin, who turned around to look at him.

"You alright?" He leaned forward to get a closer look and Chan slowly nodded his head, nearly wincing when it caused more pain.

When Changbin looked away it was like lightning struck. Chan clamped his eyes shut and leant his head into his hands, trying so desperately hard not to make too much noise or breathe too heavily.

It wasn't as bad as the ones he'd got at home but it was still hard to deal with and very painful. He wasn't even listening to what the teacher said, not that he could hear it anyway. It went on for what the boy could gauge was 15 minutes as the teacher was explaining something, clearly not seeing his distressed student. Not that Chan wanted him to see anyway.

Chan couldn't control himself when the tiniest of whimpers emitted from his mouth, however that caused Changbin to look over at him again.

He was about to make a snarky remark when he saw the state his friend was in and his eyes went wide.

Chan was clutching his pen so hard that it was so close to snapping in half, his other hand was clamped to his temple as he leaned onto it and his eyes were fastened shut.

"Chan" he whispered, looking back at the teacher to make sure he didn't catch them talking. He got no reply from the boy so he tapped Chan's side whilst repeating the name.

There was still no reply and Changbin looked over at the teacher helplessly. He didn't know whether to inform him of what was happening or not, because he knew how much Chan hated creating a scene.

Changbin flinched when the pen finally did snap in half and he tried to get it out of Chan's clutch as the broken plastic was digging into his fingers, tearing into the skin and drawing blood.

It was unsuccessful, Chan was holding onto that pen as if his life depended on it.

"Chan" he tried again and the boy finally let out a hum, Changbin noticed his face looked less pained and he was beginning to open his eyes.