Chapter 24: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 1)

Começar do início

   You look up at the boy, the morning sun shining on your face. "Yup, that was him. Anyways, you ready for the tournament?" You ask, already knowing what the boy's answer is going to be. 

   "Of course I am. I did promise you I'd beat Ushiwaka, didn't I?" Oikawa says, shooting you a smirk. 

   "Yeah, so you better not fuck this up," You respond, smirking back at him. 

   "When have I ever disappointed you?~," The boy asks in a teasing manner. 

   You give him an innocent smile. "I can start listing things if you want, but that could take a while." 

   "WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN TO ME, SHORTY!!??" Oikawa whines.    

   You giggle to yourself. 

   Deep down, you know he can beat Ushijima. Whether it will be now or 10 years into the future, he'll get there. 

~~~~

   The bus ride to Sendai City Gymnasium was peaceful, well more like, less chaotic than usual. 

   The team settled into the waiting area. The first match the boys will be playing is against Dewaichi High. They aren't a very well-known team, so this should be an easy win. 

   Oikawa picks himself up from the floor. "I'm going to head to the bathroom, Coach," Oikawa announces. 

   "Yo, I'll go with you," Iwazumi states, getting up and walking to Oikawa's side. 

   You look up at them with a smirk. "I didn't think you had it in ya, cheating on Ami with Flattykawa," You say with a satisfied smile. 

   Oikawa's eyes widen. "Aww, Iwa-chan, I didn't know you loved me that much," The brown-haired boy teases in a fake flirty tone. 

   "Fist of all, you're lucky I don't hit girls, L/n. Second, I will kill your sorry ass, Shittykawa," Iwaizumi states, sending chills up both your and Oikawa's spines. 

   You laugh a little bit and get up from your seat. "If you have space for a third wheel, I'd like to walk over with you guys, if you don't mind." 

   "Of course, Shorty," Oikawa responded with a smile.   

   "I take back my previous statement. I will hit one girl," Iwaizumi says, tired of your guys' bullshit.  

   You and Oikawa laugh nervously, slowly backing up. 

   The three of you make your way to the bathrooms. The halls of the gym were packed full of players, refs, coaches, and observers. It was like trying to make your way through a forest of giants. It was times like these that you wished for different genetics. Man, you hate being short. 

   Once you arrive at the bathrooms, you're met with a familiar orange-haired boy. 

   Before you can say anything to get his attention, Oikawa speaks. 

   "Well, if it isn't Karasuno's Shrimpy-chan. It's been a while. I think the last time I saw you was when I crushed you at Interhighs," Oikawa greets in a mocking tone.   

   You sigh at this, wondering if the boy had a superiority complex when it came to his height. It's always, Shorty-chan this, and Shrimpy-chan that.  

   The boy was practically shaking in his shoes. You couldn't help but feel sorry for him. 

   You get on your tippy-toes, binging your hand into the air, and slapping Oikawa on the back of the head as hard as you could.