Chapter 20: Our First "Real" Date

Start from the beginning

For the next hour, Serena was changing into outfits, while she had Ash express his opinion on each outfit. Serena kept on blushing as Ash complimented her outfits and looks. To Ash, he slowly became accustomed to looking at Serena in different outfits without staring at her too often. Serena made a mental note and took pictures of which outfits she wants to buy later on.

"Looks like it's almost time to head to the Restaurant Le Wow." Ash stated as he checked his Rotom Phone. "Did you have fun trying on outfits?" Ash asked as the two were walking towards the restaurant.

"Well, that depends. Did you enjoy seeing me in those outfits?" Serena teased. Ash slightly blushed, but made sure to turn the other way. After he recovered he turned back to Serena.

"Of course I did!" Ash replied with a smile. "Who wouldn't enjoy seeing your pretty face in different pieces of clothing?"

Serena blushed at his comment and said, "Well next time I better get to see you try out some outfits."

Ash laughed. The two continued to make little comments and talk until they reached the outside of the Restaurant Le Wow.

"So, shall we go in m'lady?" Ash asked, as he gestured with his hands. He opened the door for her, waiting for her to step inside.

"Oh, Ash..." Serena giggled.

The two then went inside the restaurant. What Serena saw made her jaw drop. She was completely stunned. Ash must have spent a fortune to get a reservation at the Restaurant Le Wow. The restaurant was a couple of stories tall, so there was a staircase that led up. The interior was decorated with special Kalosian flowers and various photographs hung on the walls. Apparently, some were provided by Viola the Santalune Gym Leader. Finally, the room was filled with music provided by a piano player.

"This restaurant is so beautiful..." Serena said, with her eyes shining with delight. She felt a tap on her shoulder and saw Ash look at her with a smile.

"Serena, our seats are upstairs, let's go." Ash said. He then motioned to her that they had to follow the waiter. Serena nodded and got a hold of Ash's arm. She's been doing that a lot today with full confidence.

"Perhaps... today is the day I will confess to Ash..." Serena thought to herself with a blush. She knew she loved Ash and judging from his actions today, he may finally realize that he feels the same. The kiss she gave him three years ago at the airport must have done some magic on him.

"Mr. Ketchum, here are the best seats in the house in our private dining area by your request. Please sit down and get comfortable, while I grab your menus." the waiter said. Serena looked around in awe. The private dining room was even more spectacular than the normal dining area. There was a water fountain, a magnificent view, and they were the only ones in the room.

"Thank you, sir." Ash replied to the waiter. The waiter bowed and made his leave, promising to return with the menus shortly. Before Serena could get herself seated, Ash pulled her chair out for her.

"Allow me." Ash said, as he motioned for her to sit down.

"Why thank you, Ash." Serena thanked with a blush on her face, as she sat down. She swore that by the end of the day, her face would be as red as a tamato berry. Ash smiled and gently pushed her seat in. He then got himself a seat across from her.

"So, how are you liking it so far?" Ash asked Serena.

"It's amazing," Serena responded in a happy tone. "Thank you so much Ash."

"It's not a problem at all. I'd do anything for you, Serena." Ash answered honestly, while rubbing under his nose with his finger. His words caused Serena to smile warmingly. Moments later, the same waiter returned with two menus.