Part 12

I grabbed the first thing that was near me and it happened to be Alex's hand. The ghost disappeared.

I took an exasperated breath and tried to slow my racing heart while I clutched onto Alex's hand. Seeing the fear hasn't disappeared from my eyes, Alex said, "Are you okay?" He looked strangely patient as he waited for me to further to calm down. Nodding affirmatively, I tried my best to remove that ghost's image from my mind. Seeing that color was starting to return onto my face, Alex said, "Marina, I haven't said this earlier, but thank you for saving my life. You didn't have to and I am grateful.

While you were asleep, the doctor gave you an arm crutch and bandaged your knee. You scraped your knee while falling. Aside from a few scratches, your leg is okay. You just have to be careful about not reopening the wound as you're walking. The doctor also relocated your arm. As long as you stay in your crutch for a few days, your arm should heal as well. Feel free to rest for a few hours, but the doctor recommended that you discharge today."

I breathed a sigh of relief hearing that my wounds only needed a short time to heal. Alex, then asked, "Is there anything that you need?" On cue, my stomach started grumbling. I looked down as I blushed from embarrassment. Chuckling, Alex said, "Right. Food." I nodded my head to agree. "I can get that for you when you let go of my hand."

Remembering the scary ghost that I saw when I first woke up, I slowly removed my hand from his. Thankfully, the ghost disappeared during my conversation with Alex. I also saw Michael sitting patiently on one of the empty chairs.

Standing up from the chair next to my hospital bed, Alex asked, "Is there anything you want to eat?" Before hearing my answer, he made a decision and said, "I'll get something light and will be back soon."

After Alex took his leave, Michael sat on the seat next to my hospital bed and inspected my face. He solemnly said, "I'm glad you're okay, some people don't make it."

"Yes, still alive and kicking. And unfortunately, still with the ability to still see you," I responded.

Michael looked uncertain as if he was unsure whether he should say the next words, "I feel just a bit bad for you since I did bring you into this mess, so I'll give you this warning. Be careful with Alex. He may be starting to treat you better for a reason, but don't ever fall for his actions or him."

I scoffed, "Why would I fall for something who treats me like a dispensable resource?"

----

Enjoy! Please upvote and comment if you like the story. It keeps me motivated to hear from my readers.

Since I haven't been posting as much, will post again tomorrow to make up for it!   :)