Chapter 78, The Village's New Bachelor

Magsimula sa umpisa

I snuggle up against the wall and bury my face against my bent knees. I try recalling anything else else besides that horror she demonstrated that night.

Hanabi's hair had lost its bright yellow hue and swapped it with a more laid back color. Her figure was buried by the loose cloak she wore. I could vaguely tell if she'd grown a few inches taller, but she did seem to have heightened a bit.

I could remember when we were almost the same height, but I still had to look down at her even then.

I just hope that the next time I get to look down at her I'll get lost in that blue abyss, which has always been complimented with the lighter shade that crescents in her eyes.

Four Days later...

No one came to visit me. Not mother, father or Sasuke. Even Inoichi and Shikaku were out and about. Since being alone with my thoughts was dangerous, I have done the only thing that kept me busy these past four days.

I'd taken my shirt and long gloves off and tightly tied my hair back in my signature low ponytail.

"Two-hundred-and-fifty-seven...two-hundred-and-fifty-eight...two-hundred-and-fifty-nine..."

I panted loudly as I felt myself drenched in sweat. It was sure getting a bit smelly in here as my muscles flexed back and forth. My biceps kept aching along my shoulder blades and collarbones.

My core was clenched tight to the point where it began to physically hurt, making me wince.

I prefer doing push-ups over crunches anytime. It helps better with engaging the core and the entire body.

"...two-hundred-and-"

"Itachi"

I fell right on my side as I rolled on my back to catch a breath. I could smell the unpleasant smell from my stinky under arms as I felt the stench suffocating me.

"What?", I panted to the guard.

They better let me get a shower...

My entire body was drenched in sweat, including my scalp and long hair. As I forced myself up to greet the guard, I felt my thick strands being glued to my back muscles due to all the sweat. Which grossed me out a bit, but I somehow managed to overlook it.

I panted as I walked up to him, my entire body aching.

"Itachi, you are free to go", he announced.

"What?", I asked dumbfoundedly, making him flinch.

"Yeah, Shikaku issued your pardoning...", he says nonchalantly, before unlocking the door to my cell, "and make sure to get a hot shower...", he muttered under his breath and I could sense that he held his breath from my stinky smell.

"Did anyone come to pick me up or visit?", I ask with a bit of uncertainty.

"No"

"Oh..."

"I meant that no one came to visit, but this dark-haired girl".

Izumi...

I take my clothes and walk out of the cell, shirtless.

So much for protecting my modesty.

The guard ushered me out to where a few things needed to be dealt with before they let me go free again.

"None of your family members were notified about your release", the guard assured me.

I take a few steps out into the cool air and contemplate whether I should put on this sweat-drenched shirt.

Mid-way through my train of thought, I had instinctively covered up my nip-slips in a haste when Izumi appeared out of nowhere.

"Itachi!", she calls out as she appears right in front of me.

"I-Izumi", I nervously say, as I clench my sweaty shirt closer to my chest.

"I've been worried...", her brows were creased as she said those words, before her eyes trail down to my finessed body, "I..."

"Uh-ha..."

Her eyes were clearly roaming my core, were my packs clicked together. Our faces flushed with a crimson tint as we awkwardly stood there.

This is the first time I feel so violated.

"Y-you're built...", she remarked, her wide eyes making me feel embarrassed.

"A-and you're drooling...", I nervously laugh out, hoping to ease up the tension in the atmosphere.

"Oh, hahaha", she nervously laughed in return, making me swallow a lump in my throat as I rapidly unfolded my shirt to cover up my body.

Why does this feel so immodest?

"Well I guess you're the village's new bachelor", Izumi teases, nudging me suggestively in my exposed skin.

"God no", I nervously choke out a laugh, "that's Shisui's job".

"Let's get you dressed", she scoffs and gestures for me to walk with her.

She clearly knows nothing...

____________________________________

A/N:- So this chapter was out of boom and all, but I figured that I should give y'all something a bit satirical. Since starting next chapter, things well get transgressed again. So enjoy the humor in this chapter. Also, our mans was clearly saving himself up for Hanabi, but don't worry Izumi didn't get to see his nip-slips😂😂

Sincerely✨✨

The final arc is just about around the corner so buckle them seatbelts✨✨

And yes, for those wondering, I do know Arabic,  fluently✨✨

~A