This slaps so hard

Y/n's pov

So when I said that it was a small office... I take that back. That tall ass building I would always walk past with my friends, staring at those people who looked so fancy, yeah that's the office.

"This is the Sendai branch, the main one here in Japan," she says walking into the building.

She hands her coat off to someone, meanwhile, William starts talking and taking papers from anyone approaching us.

"If this is the main branch then why do you live in Tokyo?" I ask.

"Let me rephrase that, this is the new main branch," she says. "The Tokyo one was the main one, but I made the change so you could just move back here after you graduate. Easier than getting used to Tokyo, it's familiar."

That's kinda thoughtful.

"Who are all those people," I ask stepping into the elevator. "And all that paperwork? Do you have to do all that William?"

"Some of this is paperwork, news clippings, letters, stuff like that," William explains. "The people down there were more than likely employees from other companies dropping things off."

"Why don't they just end them in the mail?" I ask. "Or leave it with reception?"

"They want me to see it, instead of an assistant," my mom says.

"So you have to go through all that?" I ask. "And you get that all the time?"

"Oh I don't go through all that, William will hand it off to an assistant or manager, they'll go through it and sort it," she says. "And by the time it gets to me, it's not much."

"Well, what is it?" I ask.

"Invitations to events, personal letters, I don't really know," she says. "William reads it."

"So... like what's your job?" I ask.

Might get beat for that question.

"Whenever somebody does something wrong, it falls on me," she says starting to get heated. "Any major decision has to be run by me-"

"Mrs. Hoshiko does lots of work for the company, without her we would not be able to have so much influence. She also must deal with the tabloids," William cuts her off. "Miss Hoshiko, correct me if I'm wrong but your wish was for this to be a learning experience for Miss Y/n?"

"Yes, yes," she says starting out her blazer. "A learning experience."

Oh, so William here is also anger management.

"Why do you call me Miss Y/n?" I ask.

Makes me feel fancy, and kinda like a criminal.

"My apologizes, would you prefer Miss Ushijima?" he asks. "It was rude of me to use your given name without asking you."

Bruv.

"Oh no, no it's not that," I say. "Just wondering about the Miss part."

"Everyone will call you Miss Ushijima or Miss Y/n," my mom says. "Everybody but William calls me Mrs. Ushijima, the miss and Mrs will make it so it's easy to distinguish the both of us."

"So when Wakatoshi comes here they just call him Mr. Ushijima?" I ask. "Kinda makes him seem like an old man."

"They just inform me that my son is here," she says.

"Why don't they call him Mr. Ushijima?" I ask.

"They have never had the need to," she says hanging off a paper to who I can only assume is a receptionist."