Chapter Nineteen

The last month has been nothing short of amazing. Andrew and I have spent as much time together as possible. I never thought I could be this happy.
     He still insists on taking things slow, which after what Leah did to him I understand more. I'm trying to be patient, but it hasn't been very easy. I have found that I'm not a very patient person.
     Christmas was a week away and I've been trying to find the perfect gift for Andrew, but have no idea what to get him. Every time I ask, he says he doesn't want anything. That he has me and that's all he wanted. While that's sweet and what not, I'm determined to find him something.
     "You look amazing" Andrew complimented when I came out of my room. He was sitting on the couch waiting for me.
     Tonight was my company's Christmas party. They rent a banquet room every year at a fancy hotel so employees can get drunk and not have to drive home. I've never been before, but I heard there are lots of laughs, dancing and eating.
     I decided against booking a room, even though the thought crossed my mind. I didn't want to get my hopes up.
     "Thank you" I curtsied. Rachel and I found the perfect black dress for tonight. It was a little more revealing than I preferred, but I couldn't help wear something that will get Andrew's attention. Something that will tell him I'm done being patient.
     "You look great too!" I added. As much as I loved Andrew in his usual jeans, t-shirt and a pair of black adidas look, Andrew in a suit will always make my knees go weak. And the man looked damn good in his all black suit.
     He pulled me in and kissed me, "let's go!"
     Andrew drove us to the party, his hand on my thigh the whole drive. The valet took his car when we arrived and we headed into the hotel.
     The lobby was filled with Christmas decor and a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the room. It reminded me of my mom's old house. I avoided the last two Christmases, and my mom purged a lot of her decorations during that time. It was nice to feel good about the holiday again and feel a little at home.
     We made our way to the banquet room where the party was being held. I found our table and was happy to see Riley, Devon, Josh and Dani already seated.
     Dani and Josh started dating shortly after they met at the bar. Josh seemed to really love her bubbly attitude towards everything. Devon and Riley haven't moved past the friend zone, but Riley was still trying.
     "Casey! Andrew!" Dani exclaimed as we walked towards them.
     "Hey guys!" I cheered back. Andrew pulled out a chair for me before sitting down.
     "Thank you" I leaned over and whispered to him.
     He pulled my chair closer to his, "you're welcome."
     "You look gorgeous!" Riley complimented.
     "Thanks! So do you Riley!" And she really did. How Devon wasn't getting it was beyond me. Riley's fiery red curls were hanging down, and the dark green dress she wore complimented her curves.
     "You guys wanna a drink?" Devon spoke up.
     "I'd love one!" Dani answered.
     "We're okay, thank you" Andrew answered for the both of us. All four of them left to the open bar in the back of the room, leaving Andrew and I alone at the table.
     "You really do look gorgeous tonight" he whispered in my ear. His hand higher up on my thigh than usual.
     "Thank you" I blushed and leaned in closer to Andrew. I was finding it hard to concentrate on anything else right now until Dani and Josh returned quickly with their drinks.
     "Where's Devon and Riley?" I asked as they sat down.
     Josh looked around the room, "I don't know, they were with us a minute ago."
     My boss began announcing into a microphone that food will be served and to have a great night. We didn't usually see him too much, and and when you did it usually meant you were fired. It was different to see that same man happy and care free tonight.
     Servers began placing plates of food on the tables. I tried to eat my chicken and roasted vegetables, but didn't have much of an appetite. Andrew kept drawing circles on my thigh with his fingers and it made it impossible to focus.
     Once people began finishing their food, they started drinking and dancing. Some of the most uptight coworkers were out there laughing and having a great time.
     "You wanna dance?" Andrew asked.
     "I'd love to!" He grabbed my hand and walked me to the dance floor where he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in close to him. Our faces remained inches from each other as we swayed to a slower song.
     "Are you having fun?" I asked.
     "I am! Are you?"
     "I am" responded quietly. The way we moved together, the closeness was overwhelming.
     "I have a surprise for you" he whispered.
     I pulled back, "what?"
     Andrew smiled, "come on, I'll show you." He pulled me out of the banquet room and walked back towards the elevators.
     "Where are we going?" I laughed as he pulled me into an empty elevator. He kept his arm around my waist as we rode the elevator to the top floor. He walked me through the hallway and stopped out of nowhere.
     "Why did we stop?" I smiled.
     Andrew just leaned in and kissed me. "I love you" he said after pulling back.
     "I love you too!" I breathed. He pulled a key card out of his pocket and inserted it into one of the doors we were standing next to
     "Andrew, you—"
     He grabbed me by the waist again and pulled me into the room. Once the door closed behind us, he kissed me again. This time there was no restraint. No more patience or being respectful. I couldn't get enough of this side of Andrew.
     His hands went down my back to my thighs. He pulled me up and I wrapped my legs around him. Our lips never separating. Andrew carried me to the bed and set me down gently. He removed his jacket and tossed it onto a chair across the room, and then bent down to kiss me again. His hand traveled down my leg and up. Except this time he reached under my dress as his hand traveled back up to my thigh.
     My heart was racing and he pressed his body against mine. I began unbuttoning his shirt and removed it, revealing his bare chest. I ran my hand through the small patch of black chest hair he had and down to his stomach.
     I pushed him off of me and stood up. He sat down on the bed as I stood between his legs. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked. Even though I have been waiting for this, I wanted to make sure he was sure.
     He looked up at me through his lashes, with his perfect brown eyes, "I'm sure" he smiled.
     Andrew turned me around and began unzipping my dress. He kissed my shoulder as my dress fell to the floor. I turned around and he looked me up and down.
     "You're perfect" he whispered.
     I blushed, and looked down while Andrew traced the curvature of my body with his fingers. He stopped along the sunflower tattoo on my hip and placed a light kiss on it. He moved back up and reached under my chin bringing my face to his, "I'm so in love with you Casey."
     Tears began to well as I was overwhelmed by everything in this moment. "I'm so in love with you Andrew" I sobbed. He wiped my tears away, then set me back on to the bed.

     I woke the next morning with the sun streaming through the curtains. I looked over at Andrew who was still sound asleep. He looked so peaceful, I decided not to wake him.
     Replaying the events of last night I began to smile. The way Andrew's body fit with mine, and how amazing it felt when there was nothing between us anymore. He made every part of last night feel special, and I have to admit it was well worth the wait.
     I started kissing Andrew awake, as I realized I wanted more of him. "Hey" he smiled as I climbed on top of him and kissed his chest.
     "Good morning" I smiled back and kissed up his neck.
     He laughed, "Casey!"
     I sat up, "do you want me to stop?"
     He looked down and then back up, "absolutely not" he replied and pulled me back down to him.
     I could have spent forever in that bed with Andrew, but he told me we had to eat. I would have argued but my stomach called me out.
     Andrew ordered room service while I decided to take a shower. I tried to get him to join me but he said he needed sustenance.
     I took a long, hot shower, reminiscing again the night I just had. When I came out of the bathroom, there was a tray of food on the table and Andrew was wearing his dress pants. He handed me his white button up shirt.
     "I figured it would be more comfortable than the dress." I dropped the towel and slipped on his shirt, and buttoned it up slowly. "You're doing that on purpose aren't you?" he sat down.
     "Maybe" I gave him a mischievous grin and sat down next to him.
     "Eat first" he demanded.
     "Fine" I pouted. Andrew uncovered the food to reveal a stack of blueberry pancakes with eggs and bacon. "How do you always know what I like?" I asked, taking a bite of pancake.
     "I pay attention" he pointed out as he took a bite of eggs.
     "Yeah but I don't even remember half the stuff I like" I contended.
     He laughed, "does it bother you?"
     "No, I just feel like sometimes you know me so much more than I know you."
     "What do you wanna know?" he asked.
     "Umm, what's your favorite food?" I asked the first question that came to mind.
     "Chinese food" he answered quickly.
     "What's your favorite holiday?"
     "Christmas" he answered quickly again.
     "What do you want for Christmas"
     "I— wait I see what you did there" he laughed.
     "Come on Andrew! There has to be something!"
     "You already gave me something, three times" he teased.
     I felt my cheeks turning red at his comment. I'm not used to him being so unreserved. "That doesn't count" I looked down at my food trying to hide my blush.
     "You really want to know what I want?" he grabbed my hand.
     "Yes! I'm desperate!" I pleaded.
     "I want to wake up to you every day, and go to sleep with you every night. That's what I want."
     I froze as his words sank in. What was he asking me here? I mean, we've only been together for just over a month. This is crazy. But is it? I want the same thing.
     "What are you saying?" I finally asked.
     "Never mind Case, really it's just what I was thinking" he pulled his hand away and looked down at his food.
     I grabbed his hand back, "you want us to move in together?"
     He didn't answer, just nodded.
     I sat back in my chair, "wow, I didn't expect that. Especially coming from the guy who insisted on taking things slow" I teased.
     "Yeah, I'm done taking things slow. You don't make it easy" he teased back.
     "What brought this on?" I needed a little more understanding before making a decision.
     "The first night when you fell asleep in my bed. I realized I never wanted to wake up without you" he confessed.
     I thought about what he said. His words sent butterflies through my stomach and and I already knew the answer. Normally I would over analyze it for days, making sure it was the right decision. "Don't make any rash decisions" my mom would always say. But the last time I made a big decision it blew up in my face. I realized it didn't matter anymore because we can't control the big things in our life.
     "Okay, so do we move into my place or yours? Or do we get a place together?" I asked.
     Andrew's smile spread across his face, his eyes crinkled. I grabbed my phone quickly and snapped a picture.
     "What was that for?" he laughed.
     "I just really wanted to remember your smile in this moment" I admitted. He stood up, scooped me into his arms, and carried me back to the bed.