Chapter Sixteen: I Spy

Warning! There is mention of blood/a knife in this chapter! If you are sensitive to those things, read with caution!
-----------------------------------------------
"Wilbur and tommy are planning to overthrow Schlatt"

The words struck me, my brain taking a second to process the news. Another revolution? Don't get me wrong, I was all for taking Schlatt down. But maybe it was too soon?

"So Wilbur's okay? I thought he got shot by Punz?" I sighed in relief, glad to know Wilbur wasn't dead.

"He's healing up quickly, he had a gapple on him" Tubbo said reassuringly.

"When is he planning on attacking? Should we be helping him?" I spouted questions, not giving Tubbo time to answer them.

"Nix, it's okay," Tubbo squeezed my hand, "I'll let you know if there's anything Wilbur needs from you. I'm his spy on the inside"

I didn't like that Tubbo was the one spying, he was still a child and shouldn't be put under this pressure. But I definitely couldn't do it with this guard following me, and no one else was close enough to Schlatt besides Fundy, who was a lost cause at the moment.

"Okay, but please be careful, I don't want anyone getting hurt" I responded softly, looking into Tubbo's eyes. He nodded, and I hugged him goodbye before slipping out of his house and back to my own.

It took around a week before Schlatt got bored.
After taking down most of L'Manberg's historical buildings, Schlatt moved on to bugging random citizens and messing around with Quackity.

Tubbo and I were left to do the work of actually running a nation, which was hard when Schlatt continued to boss us around.

Fundy had already made a new flag, which was made of unbreakable obsidian and looked more daunting than inspirational, which fit in well with Schlatt's way of ruling. Not to mention that if you said L'Manberg instead of Manberg, you would be taxed higher than other citizens.

I was past the point of being done with Schlatt's bullshit, and was so close to murdering him on several occasions. Tubbo always stopped me though, and reminded me of the plans to revolt. Eventually I gave in and changed my outfit, going from a L'Manberg uniform to a plain business button down shirt and pencil skirt. Yuck. I was back to feeling useless, being played like a pawn under Schlatt's command. At Least when Wilbur was in charge I felt like I was accomplishing something, being helpful. Now I feel like Schlatt's maid, cleaning up his mess.

"Nix, go get me another drink" Schlatt burped from his office chair, completely wasted.

"Why don't you make Quackity do it, he's basically your lap dog anyways" I scoff, grabbing the empty glass bottle from his desk and leaving through the door.

"Quackity's already getting me more cigarettes" Schlatt slurred his words.

"What a jackass" I sigh angrily, going down the stairs of the white house. Tubbo was off with Wilbur and Tommy right now, and I had to keep Schlatt distracted, which was incredibly easy.

Quackity came through the door, holding a pack of cigarettes and humming to himself. I ignored him, turning away and going through a chest with drinks inside.

"Hey Nix, what are you doing?" Quackity noticed me from the stairs and grinned down at me.

"Getting the dictator some more beer" I smile sweetly, then instantly drop the smile and turn away, finding another bottle and inspecting it.

"Nix, I just don't understand why you're so against us, we're just doing what's best for Manberg" Quackity continued to smile, but his voice was hesitant.

PHOENIXOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara