Chapter Fifty Five: Reconcile

As soon as I left Dream to talk with George, I spotted a short, floppy-brown haired individual that brought a grin to my face.

"Nix!" Tubbo called out.

I rush forward, pulling him into a bear hug immediately. I have to be careful not to crush him, but there was a point in time that I thought he was dead, and I hadn't seen him since.

"I'm sorry, just give me a second," I whisper.

Tubbo hugs me back, and I try not to cry. Giving Tubbo one last squeeze, I pull away, a teary smile on my face.

"It's good to see you again".

"You too!" Tubbo smiles back.

"So, New L'Manberg?" I ask, as Tubbo and I start to walk along the prime path.

Tubbo lets out a long and heavy sigh.

"Don't get me started," He shakes his head. "I can't believe I'm in charge of a nation, let alone one that died and rose again!"

"Are you doing okay with it all?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. But after today there's bigger problems ahead," Tubbo replies with a halfhearted smile.

"You're telling me!" Quackity walks up from nowhere, joining the conversation like he was there the whole time.

"Hey Big Q," Tubbo greets.

"Quackity," I jerk my head up in a nod.

"Nix," He responds with a smile.

I think we're cool.

If there was anyone who I would respect the most for leaving Schlatt's rein of terror, it would be Quackity. With Quackity, you could always tell he wasn't sure about being on Schlatt's side. And with the way he was treated, I'm glad he stood up to Schlatt.

"I heard you're a part of another cabinet?" I smile slyly. "I can't wait to see what you do".

Quackity smiles wide.

"Tubbo's the boss," Quackity shrugs. "But I have ideas".

"Hey are you guys having a cabinet meeting without me?"

Looking over my shoulder, My eyes meet Fundy's as he jogs up to join the group.

"We're always having a meeting without you," Quackity jokes.

Fundy and I both look away, not wanting the conversation to turn awkward.

Tubbo laughs along with Quackity, and suddenly I feel like I'm intruding.

"Hey Nix, we're always looking for more people we trust to join the cabinet," Tubbo offers. "I know that I trust you more than anyone!"

"I think I might be done with governments for a while," I laugh dryly.

"Fair enough," Tubbo nods. "So what are you up to now?"

"War," I sigh. "Amongst other things".

"Other things, or other people?" Quackity grins like a cat.

"Care to elaborate?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You and Dream...?" Quackity prods. "I've heard some things, and just today when you showed up with him..."

Heard things? What things!

"I don't know, why don't you go ask him," I answer coyly, shoving the embarrassment away.

"Ew, I don't want to hear about this," Tubbo grimaces.

"Nix?" Fundy asks. "Can we chat real quick?"