Chapter Sixty Three: Nothing

I refuse to give up on her.

Ironic that even being the realist I am, I refuse the undeniable fact that she's gone.

As soon as Phil pronounces her dead, I pull out my revival book, quickly finding the page I need and reading out the words.

I wait.

Nothing.

I double check, triple check that I read the words right.

Nothing.

At this point, there's not a single dry cheek. Techno even sheds a tear. The people who barely know her are respectfully silent.

I rip the mask off my face, throwing it into the void. I don't care anymore. I don't care who sees how much I'm hurting.

Phil prays to some other goddess, pleading to them to release Nix from Death.

Nothing.

George screams his throat raw from yelling for DreamXD, who is nowhere to be seen.

Nothing.

Eventually, People move on and begin to try and find a way out. I know it's the right thing to do next, but I can't help getting mad at people for giving up on Nix. They scour the island for some way back to the overworld.

Nothing.

Sapnap tries to get me to eat something, but I refuse. I slowly take off her armor, the same armor I gave her Christmas night. Worthless. None of it mattered. What good was the armor if it couldn't protect her. I couldn't protect her.

I overhear Karl whispering to Sapnap.

"I've never seen this in any reality. I have no idea where to go from here".

Minutes turn into hours. Hours to a full day. We rationalize food. No one knows whether we'll die here or not.

Still, I refuse to give up on Nix.