𝟐𝟐. 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jia's POV

"I'm going to take a nap." Jake slammed his bedroom door as I plopped myself on the couch, kind of blushing thinking about that Jake is basically my valentine. Without knowing a smile appeared on my face as I came to reality mentally cursing myself for acting like this. "What the heck Jia?" Saying to myself I turned on the television scrolling through the channels hoping to find something interesting.

-

The mosquitoes by my head sang a painful song waking me up. I groaned violently waving my hand in thin air before sitting up straight. Realizing that I fell asleep while watching the movie, I checked the time hoping to not be late and thankfully wasn't. "Is he awake yet?" Not knowing if Jake was awake or not I decided to check on him in case he was still in wonderland.

The door made a slight noise as I slowly made my way inside his room. Like I guess the entire place was dark proving that he was still asleep. Sighing I went towards the covered boy to wake him up. Shaking him slowly was a vain since he just moved around not even waking up. I pulled his blanket revealing his bare body making me instantly cover my eyes with my hands.

"Oh crap-" I turned around with the hope to run away from the room but the wall interfered as I smashed my head against it causing myself to fall on the floor with a painful bump. "Ahh." I cried out as the guy behind me sat up straight. That's what I thought from the noise behind me. "Jake why the heck are you sleeping naked?" I shouted out rubbing my almost broken bones. "Why do you sound like Jay?"

His deep fresh voice said out making my heart skip a beat somehow but I just shook it off quickly standing up on my feet still not looking at him. "Jake Shim you better put on some clothes and come out." I ordered before walking out of the room shutting the door hardly and let out a big breathe. I waved my hands in front of me while breathing heavily. "Who sleeps without any clothes in freaking winter?" I frowned walking away with hot cheeks.

-

Not being a huge fan of red or popping colours, I chose a bare black hoody which had hearts on it to match the vibe of the day. "Cute." I said to myself looking at the mirror as I awkwardly smiled, a bit nervous to go to the party. After no matter how much I want, Jake probably won't say out that I'm his valentine for the day. Am I? Or are we just pretending?

Overthinking ✨

Leaving the room I saw Jake wearing his shoes as I noticed his outfit. "We're kinda matching." I pointed to my black hoodie and then to his at which he just rolled his eyes leaving me all alone in the house. Running after him we walked out way to the venue since being on cars wasn't really a thing for any of us. I walked behind Jake just cherishing his mesmerizing figure randomly walking. Ahh this is confusing. But what is this?

I don't know.

-

Entering the campus we got approached by one of the serious. "Oh so that girl was telling the truth when she said Shim Jake had a valentine this year." The guy seemed sweet at first but the tone as which he said that kinda annoyed me. I gave him a fake smile looking away. "Fuck off Choi Beomgyu." Jake said out as me and the other guy widened our eyes. Beomgyu just laughed it out as if it was normal. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if it was normal. "As you wish. Now I shall stay away from your sexy eyes." The other guy left both of us alone as I figured that a lot of people knew about Jake.

"Jia I don't like fireworks." Jake helplessly said out as the students burst the lightening things at the end of the party. I somehow managed to survive the entire party even though people lowkey and high-key judged me. But it's gonna. We'll probably leave soon. I looked over at Jake who kept crouching down as the fireworks burst. He really was scared of it. My heart softened a bit seeing him so scared. Adorable.

"Let's go somewhere else." I held his hands lightly and pulled him away from the noisy place. We both walked and walked until I noticed a lake. Pulling Jake with me, I sat on the bench with him by my side just admiring the view. It was silent for a while. Nobody talked. I looked over to see a calm boy quietly thinking about something.

"Who's Choi Beomgyu?" I asked out breaking the silence as Jake breathed in and out before answering. "Hmm he's the professor's nephew. That's why he knows about my powers." I just gave him a 'o' at the reply and looked ahead a bit awkward. "Hey I just want you to know that please don't feel bad about what people said to you today. They are pure shits who don't deserve to get your attention. Uhh uhm yea in case you're feeling uneasy yeah.."

The angry yet kind hearted guy said out not making any eye contact with me as I just stared at him before giving him an eye smile. "You're my first ever valentine Jake." I said out as blood rushed to my cheeks making it tint pink. Jake's head looked at me as I bit my lips slightly smiling at him. He didn't answer anything. Neither did I want him to. I just wanted him to know how he made this day simple yet important to me.

"Can I ask you something personal?" I looked over at Jake as he hesitantly nodded not looking at me. "Where are your parents?" Not knowing it if it was the right thing to ask or not, I clutched my hands into a fist a bit nervous about what he was gonna say next. A moment passed by but no answer. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that. "I don't have any idea.." I knew I shouldn't have asked that the moment I heard his sad tone. I bit my lips regretting my existence cuz I just made him upset.

"I'm fine Jia." As if he heard my thoughts, he said out chuckling a bit showing me his smile. That's so unusual of him. To look at me with those eyes. To smile freely in front of me. My heart skipped a couple beats as I got mesmerized by the ethereal guy in front of me. What are you doing to me Jake? I looked away not being able to handle the look in his eyes. "We're kinda similar you know."

He kept looking at me but confused now. "My mom died last year and my dad... I don't know anything about him." My dad smile showed it all. I didn't need to explain anything more. The older guy didn't answer anything. My skin shivered as I felt his hand intertwining with mine making me look up to him as he flashed a smile. I returned him a smile squeezing his hand slightly.

"Let's go home."

He said before pulled away his hand leaving me a bit disappointed since I was enjoying the little contact we had earlier. I followed his pace but stayed behind him looking at his shadow as the earlier incident flashed into my mind making me smile. Looking at his back I touched my chest and felt my heart beating immensely fast.

I think I'm starting to like you Shim Jake.

| | • • • • • | |

Yas my boi Beomgyu 🙈