Chapter VIII. "Cancer Sticks"

1943

It's been 3 years since you and Anthony ran away from town.
Things are going unexpectedly, you turned into a life of crime eventually becoming a notorious crime duo.
This lifestyle forced you to move from state to state, It also meant leaving your aunt behind but she understood enough to let you live your life.

While you're practicing your gun skills, Anthony's out doing 'business' not only is he an infamous criminal but also a sex worker. You don't have any protests about it whatsoever since you need money and it's what he likes to do, but there's still a hint of envy hidden deep down inside you.

"Honey, I'm hooome!" Anthony joked as he entered the living room

"How's your day?" You asked as you loaded your gun

Anthony flopped on the couch, taking out a stack of money and tossing them on the table.

"Awesome, I earned 5 grand today"

You avoided his gaze and simply mumbled "Mhm yeah"

Just as you were about to load your next gun, It was swiftly removed from your palm, you look up to see Anthony with an unhappy look on his face.

"What's the matter with you, huh?" He asked sternly "Ever since I started sleepin' around you've been acting so distant"

"You're mistaken" You turned your back on him "I don't give a fuck about who you fuck"

"Oh i get it" Anthony sneered, pointing at you "You're jealous"

"So what if i am?" You glared, folding your arms

⚠️MATURE THEMES AHEAD⚠️

Your face flushed in crimson red as Anthony reached his hand to your cheek. Without hesitation, you preceded him and gave him a long awaited kiss. This is the closest you ever got to him, the scent of whiskey and cigarettes infiltrated your nose, it was strong yet intoxicating.

Anthony noticed how weakened you were by the kiss, he took this as an opportunity to move his hands from your shoulders, torso, to your hips.

You gasped at the feeling of his hands trailing down. Putting your hands on his chest, you plunged your tongue in and deepened the kiss.

Anthony pressed himself harder against you till you lost your footing and fell on the soft carpet.

The two of you pulled away for air.

"Are you sure about this, baby?" Anthony asked seductively eyeing you down

You looked away from him flustered then slowly nodded, a smirk curls on Anthony's face again before he lifted you from the carpet, bringing you to the bedroom.

-

The sound of humming rung in your ears causing you to wake up, You got off of bed, put on a robe and a pair of slippers then made your way to the balcony.

Anthony was there smoking whilst sitting on the balcony ledge.

You blushed and slightly shrieked at his half-naked body.

When he noticed your presence he quickly crushed his cigarette and threw it away cause he knew you'd scold him about it.

"Whatcha' doing up so late?" He asked, sitting cross legged

"Nothing, I just heard you humming and-"

"Oh shit! Did i wake you up?" He asked with a worried expression

"No no!" You reassured "It's alright"

You inhaled hoping to get some fresh air but instead it was the smell of nicotine "Were you smoking again?"

"I know i said i'd stop" Anthony said defensively "But it ain't that bad"

"Could i maybe try then?" You asked, leaning next to him

"I don't know toots, you might choke like you did on my-"

"Just give me the cancer stick!" You raised your voice, stopping him from saying the 'word'

He chuckled and took one from the box then lit it up for you, he was right...You did choke.

"Told ya" He shrugged his shoulders

A moment of silence took over till Anthony broke it.

"Y/N" he uttered

Turning to him, you gave him a questioning look. Suddenly, he throws his cig away and jumped on the ground, taking your hands in his.

"I've been thinking...I should quit being a slut"

You were taken back by the abruptness of his decision 'Why would he want to quit one of the things he loves? Could it be because...'

"It's not like I don't like it...I'm great at sex and all but It's just that it isn't healthy for me to be hoeing around when i'm in a relationship" he explained

You blush madly "W-Wait...relationship?"

"Fuck" he cursed "I forgot to ask ya"

"This is cheesy but..." He paused as he kneeled down "Y/N L/N will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend/other?"

"You idiot, I just slept with you" You deadpanned, gently flicking his forehead

"So is that a yes?" He grinned, showing off his golden teeth

You bend down and gave him a quick peck on the lips "Hell yeah.."