Chapter 20. Kiara's Journal

Kiara loved Seneca State University probably more than anyone. The campus was her playground. The university campus was more like one giant garden with lots of buildings and fountains. It was filled with all types of trees and flowers and bushes. Kiara enjoyed being outside more than anything else and spent as much time as she could especially on sunny nice days. Even though it was fall, September was almost like a regular summer in the Bay Area of Northern California. Kiara was definitely taking advantage of it before it became permanently cold, she stayed outside as much as possible. She'd even found a tree that was perfect for her to sit under and write in her journal or read a book.

Not only did she love the campus grounds, but the people too. She realized within a week that being cute and small made her adorable to people which meant she could pretty much get away with anything and no one would get angry with her. It didn't hurt that Brent Jaggers, the most popular, rich, powerful alpha male on campus had adopted her as his sister and the rest of his friends were just as protective of her as he was. She sort of stayed getting into trouble and they continued to get her out of it. It wasn't like she did it on purpose, her curiosity tended to get her in trouble. Now that Stephan wasn't around, she spent most of her time entertaining herself with her friends.

She stood beside Tyrese staring up at him as he talked to Lee and Brent. Those three were always together hanging outside the student union or at The Hangout. Brent noticed her and smiled. Tyrese turned to see who he was smiling at and jumped when he saw Kiara standing so close beside him.

"Wassup cutie? Don't be sneaking up on niggas like that, you don't know what we be carrying. Why you just standing there looking up at me with those big brown eyes, you need something?"

"Can you lift me up on your shoulders?"

Tyrese let out a short laugh. "What?"

"I'm only 5'4. You're 6'7, taller than Brent. I want to know what it's like to be way up there in the sky."

Brent snickered.

"Not happening boo," Tyrese shook his head.

"I want to sit on your shoulders. Please! Can I get the experience of being taller than everybody else, for once? I'm not heavy. I promise!"

Tyrese sighed. He couldn't resist her. No one could.

Kiara suddenly found herself air borne and then sitting on top of very broad shoulders. She grabbed his head for balance, and she looked around. She looked down at Brent and Lee who stared up at her grinning in amusement.

"What's it like up there?" Tyrese asked.

"Cold and drafty," Kiara said.

The guys laughed.

Kiara stretched out her arms. "Whoo hoo! I'm on top of the world!"

Tyrese snickered.

"Kiara!" Cathy suddenly appeared in front of them with Paul. "What are you doing? Please get off of Tyrese."

"No way! I live here now!" Kiara told her.

Cathy noticed all three of the guys were giving Paul some not so friendly looks. Tyrese looked like he wanted to shoot him. Brent's expression was unreadable, and Lee frowned at him.

"Brent," Paul said in acknowledgement.

"Paul," Brent said in a dry tone.

"Ok, then," Cathy said pulling Paul with her. "We're headed to a study group in the student union," she told them.

"Hey, what time should I come by Sunday?" Brent asked her.

"Five is good," Cathy smiled at him.