Chapter 28- Uncle?

~~28~~

Today was the day of the school festival.

The school had opened the main gates to allow outsiders in. Of course Aliyah was here, raiding every food stall there was.

I decided to represent the art club's stall which was just a painting booth. We made quick 5 minute portraits for those who wanted one or we let the students or whoever paint for a bit.

"Alright! Now place your hand on the paper and look! It's a turkey!" The little girl swelled and grabbed more paper hastily making different coloured turkeys.

My eyes turned to the small boy beside me who looked like he was about to cry.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked you while running my fingers through his blond hair in a calming manner.

"I gotta go potty." My hand stopped and I inwardly grimaced.

"Where's your mommy?" I asked

"Dunno, gotta go....real bad" he trembled, pressing his legs together.

I looked at Elias with a pleading look. He turned his head away from me.

That bastard!

"Come on, let's go." The kid rushed in front of me, making me jog after him. Thankfully he could do what he needed to on his own while I just had to wait outside the washrooms.

"Nöel! Nöel!" Not a minute later Xavier came rushing down the hall.

There's no way I could forget him, he practically saved my life. I hadn't seen him around after that encounter. I didn't get a chance to properly thank him.

"Have you seen a blond kid with a Spider-Man shirt on?" He asked breathlessly.

To my surprise that was the exact description of the potty kid.

"Yup. He's inside the washroom. He was at our stall and needed to use the washroom so I brought him here." I assured. He let out a sigh of relief and went inside the men's washroom.

A couple of minutes later he came out with Noël in his arms.

"Sorry...but I really needed to potty." Noël pouts.

"And that means telling me before you go." Nöel began to sniffle, causing Xavier to groan.

"Not time for the waterworks buddy." Nöel nodded, wiping his tears although he still looked as if he was about to burst out crying.

"Um...I'm not sure if you remember, but I wanted to thank you for that time you pulled me off the road when I was about to get hit with the car." He looked at me as if he suddenly just recognized me.

"Just watch where you're going next time." He shrugged, giving his attention back to Nöel.

"Isabella? What're you doing here?" Matthew pops out of nowhere. He eyed Xavier who paid no mind to him before looking at me.

"I just came to help this kid get to the washroom." Matthew glanced at Xavier briefly and turned back to me.

"Ok let's go." I quickly waved and smiled at the two before I let myself get dragged away.