chapter 14: military school

"That's my pork chops!"

I had been sleeping all day and was finally awoken by somebody yelling downstairs. I got up quickly and grabbed my crutches that were leaning against the bed.

The yelling continued as I made my way downstairs, getting louder when I got into the kitchen.

"Stop!"

Sean and Frank were throwing punches at each other and Fiona, Debbie, and Franny were watching from the edge of the kitchen.

"Jesus!" I exclaimed, watching Sean throw Frank on the counter.

"Frank stop!" Debbie yelled.

"Frank!"

Frank had his hands around Sean's neck and ran him out the door, taking down the deck fence as they went. Despite falling at least 6 feet, Sean and Frank were still trying to bloody each other up.

"Stop!" I yelled, hobbling down the stairs and into the backyard.

"Oh my god, you're gonna fucking kill each other!" Fiona yelled, running down to the fight.

"Frank you piece of shit!" I yelled.

I took one of my crutches and swung it at Frank, hitting him in the back of the head. He fell back for a second before crawling back to Sean.

"Mother fucker!" I muttered, putting my crutch back under my arm.

"Hey!"

I looked over and saw Carl running into the backyard. He ran over to Frank and pulled him into a chokehold. Frank went silent and fell over sideways.

"Oh my god! What did you do?" Debbie asked frantically.

"Choke hold," Carl stated simply.

"Is he breathing?" Fiona asked, looking down at Frank.

I used my crutch to give him a little nudge and he shot up, looking around.

"You're a fucking asshole, Frank," Fiona spat as Frank stumbled to his feet.

"God! You were doing so great. You almost pulled it off! Then you had to go fuck it all up again!" she yelled.

Fiona stood there for a second, glaring at Frank.

"Get the fuck out of here!"

Frank stared at Fiona a second longer.

"Go!" she snapped.

Frank looked at me and Carl, hoping we would say something. When he realized we weren't, he looked up at Debbie and Liam. Debbie shook her head slightly and Frank turned to leave.

"Come on, let's go inside," Carl said, wrapping his arm around my waist and helping me up the stairs.

We followed Debbie back into the house and sat down at the table.

"Fucking Frank," I muttered.

~

When I woke up in Carl's bed, he was still asleep with his arms around me. I turned over, ready to get up when something on his nightstand caught my eye.

"Mmm, you're awake," Carl mumbled.

I reached over and grabbed the pamphlet that was lying there.

"What's this?" I asked.

It was some kind of pamphlet for military school. Why would he want to go to military school?

"Oh. Dom's dad gave it to me," Carl answered groggily.