chapter 11: stay the fuck away from my boyfriend

By the time we had finally gotten to the party, it was nearing 9:00. Carl let go of my hand and placed it around my waist instead. We walked through the front door and pushed through some people to get to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed two beers.

"Here you go," I said, handing one to Carl.

"Thanks, babe. Let's head outside," he said, leading me through the back door.

"babe?" I asked, smiling.

"Yeah, that's right," he said, putting his arm around my shoulder and taking a sip of his beer.

I smirked to myself and took a swig of my beer. I wasn't going to get drunk tonight. I wanted to enjoy this night and actually remember it in the morning.

"Karina! Carl! Smile!"

I turned to see one of the girls in my class lifting up her phone and pointing at us. I grabbed Carl's arm and went to fix his hair when the flash went off.

"Hey, I wasn't ready!" I said, smiling.

"You two still look great," she said, showing me her phone.

She wasn't wrong. Carl was looking at the camera smiling and I was on my tiptoes, reaching up to Carl's hair.

"Thanks. Wanna send that to me?" I asked, taking out my phone.

"Yeah, of course," she said, sending me the picture.

"Thanks, Amy," I smiled, opening the picture on my own phone.

"Any day," she smiled, disappearing into the crowd.

"This is going on the instagram as soon as I get home," I said, smiling up at Carl.

"You better tag me," Carl replied, snaking his arm around my waist.

"Duh," I said quietly, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey, Carl, hoping I would see you here,"

I knew who it was before I looked over. And when I did, I was right.

"Fuck off, Dominique," I spat.

"Are you the type to get all sloppy and angry when they're drunk?" she asked, putting her hand on her hip.

"No. I'm the type to beat the fuck out of you while drunk. Or sober. You choose," I snapped, handing Carl my beer.

"Babe don't, she's not worth it," Carl said, grabbing my hand.

I looked back at Carl. He was giving me a 'don't do it' kind of look. I decided he was right and backed down.

"I won't. I was just gonna go get more drinks," I said, looking at Dominique the whole time.

I turned my back to her and Carl and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a couple more drinks from the fridge.

"Hey!"

I turned to see a guy I've never seen before coming up to me.

"What?" I asked.

"You here with anyone?" he asked.

"Yup," I walked around the guy and pointed outside to Carl.

"You sure? Looks like he has other plans," the guy said, looking out the door.

I gave him a confused look before turning back around to look at Carl. My stomach dropped. Dominique had leaned in and started kissing Carl.

"Oh fuck no," I muttered.

I set on of the bottles on the counter and opened the other with my teeth. I walked quickly outside where Carl had already pushed Dominique off himself.

"Dude, what the fuck? You know I'm with Karina!" he exclaimed, throwing up his arms.

"I could give you so much more," Dominique said, trying to go in for more.

Before her lips could get anywhere close to Carl's I pulled her back and splashed the drink I was holding into her face.

"I gave you a fucking warning," I snapped.

I pulled my fist back and smashed it into her face. She stumbled backward, her nose bloody.

"You bitch!" she yelled, lunging at me.

She tackled me to the ground and started punching at me. I covered my head and grabbed her arms, pushing her off me. I got on top of her and started firing punch after punch into her face.

"Stay. The. Fuck. Away. From. My. Boyfriend!" I yelled after each punch.

I felt a couple pairs of hands reaching under my arms and lifting me off of Dominique. I stood up and wiped my nose, seeing it was bloody. I turned around and saw that it was Carl and the guy from the kitchen that had pulled me off of Dominique. I looked back down at her and saw that she was holding her head and laying in the fetal position.

"Let's get out of here," Carl said, putting his arm around me.

I didn't say anything but went with him willingly. We walked out of the door and back onto the street.

"You fucked her up," Carl said, smirking.

"She should learn to stay in her own lane," I said angrily.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm proud of you," Carl said, looking down at me.

I looked up at him and kissed him.

"Hey, Carl?" I asked, pulling away.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Are we, like, official?" I asked, running my hand up his arm.

Carl looked down at my hand and then into my eyes.

"I would like to be," he said.

"Like to be?" I asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, smiling.

"Definitely," I answered, pressing my lips against his.

It was like we were straight out of a movie. The moment our lips touched, snow started falling. I pulled away and pressed my forehead against his.

"We should probably not stand in the middle of the road," I said quietly.

Since me and Carl were now official, I decided to show Dominique what's not hers. I took out my phone and posted the picture that Amy took earlier and posted it on my instagram.

karinatay11: my boy❤️

I showed Carl the picture and he smiled at it before leading me back over to the sidewalk and off of the road. Carl linked his fingers through mine and we started back towards the house. I rested my head on his shoulder and we walked in silence. When we turned onto our street I could hear something... or someone.

"Help! Somebody help!"

"Is that Debbie?" I asked, lifting my head up from Carl's shoulder.

Carl and I looked at each other and started sprinting down the sidewalk towards the house. When we got within 10 feet it was clear Debbie was in trouble.