chapter 12: push!

"Debbie?" I asked, slowing down and stopping beside her.

"My water broke! Get me inside!" she yelled.

"Shit!" I exclaimed.

I put Debbies arm around my shoulder and Carl did the same with her other arm. We practically carried Debbie up the steps and I opened the door.

"Debbie's in labour!" I yelled.

Fiona, Sean, Kev, Vee, and Lip came running over and helped us get Debbie onto the couch.

"I'll get my truck so we can go to the hospital," Kev said, about to go to the door.

"No! No hospitals!" Debbie cried, gasping with pain.

"We don't have time to argue," Fiona said, helping her up off the couch.

Debbie yelled in pain as Fiona tried to get her to stand up.

"No shit. This baby is coming," Vee said, looking under Debbies dress.

"Now?" I asked frantically.

"She's crowning!" Vee exclaimed.

Sean backed up from the couch, not wanting to see anything and Svetlana walked into the living room with her phone out, recording it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Lip asked.

"Quick, who delivered Liam?" Fiona asked, looking up to Lip.

"Monica. She was high, he slid right out," Lip answered.

"Carl, Karina, go get Sylvia from down the block, she's a nurse," Fiona said, pointing to the door.

I was about to walk to the door but Kev put his arm out.

"No good. She's at Cook County," Kevin explained.

"I thought she worked at Rush?" Fiona asked.

"Weren't you a nurse, Vee? You can deliver it," I pointed out.

"A nurse for old people! I don't how to deliver a damn baby!" she exclaimed.

"Well fuck!" I cried.

"Let's get her to the table," Fiona said, trying to get her up.

Lip picked Debbie up off the couch and carried her to the table, Debbie's screaming and crying still filling the room.

"You're all right, Debbie," I said, grabbing her hand.

"Shut the fuck up!" she yelled, gripping my hand tightly.

Lip had opened his laptop and was trying to find something to help us get this baby out.

"It says we need towels!" he said, scrolling on the laptop.

I let go of Debbies hand and gathered some towels. Fiona and Vee helped me lay them under Debbie. Debbie continued to yell and Fiona bent down beside her.

"It's gonna be okay. I'm right here," she said, grabbing Debbies hand.

Vee came back over and stood by the end of the table where Debbies baby would be coming out.

"When I was having my girls, the doc told me to do three quick pants and then one long blow, okay?" Vee explained, showing Debbie what to do.

Carl, Lip, Sean, and Kev were all standing back to avoid seeing the birth up close.

Debbie began doing her breaths and Fiona was still kneeling beside her, helping her with her breathing.

"We're gonna start pushing now, okay?" Vee told Debbie.