chapter 01: the boy across the street

A/N: the house above is the one that Karina and her mom (Emily) are gonna be moving into.

I looked up at my new home. It was placed very snuggly in between two other houses on the south side of Chicago. Not a huge downgrade from our last house.

"Karina, start unloading the car," Emily, my mom said from behind me.

I turned and walked to the back of our grey minivan and opened it.

"Can I decorate my room first?" I asked.

"No way! Help me with the living room first," Mom said, handing me a box.

"Fine," I groaned.

I carried the box that my mom handed me that contained our small T.V into the new house. I looked around. It was quite small but, it was nice. I liked it. I set down the T.V and headed outside to bring in the rest of our stuff.

After mounting the T.V, rolling out the rug, hauling in the couch, and placing some other decorations, I was finally free to go and put together my own room. I took the stairs two at a time and found my room in no time. The walls were painted a light grey and there was a small window with the curtains drawn on the opposite wall. There was a small closet to the right of the door. I smiled and looked around. Mom had already brought everything up to the new room and put the bed frame together.

I pushed the bed frame to the far wall where it sat right beside the window. I lifted the mattress onto the bed frame and put the sheets and comforter on.

By the time I had gotten most of my bedroom decorated, the sun had set and my room got pretty dark. I flicked on the light and continued decorating. I had placed my dresser, mirror, and laid out the rug already and just needed to put my clothes away.

I placed most of my clothes in the dresser but hung up some of my favourite clothes in the closet. I also put all of my shoes on the floor of the closet. I unloaded all of my makeup and perfumes onto the dresser as well.

"Fucking finally," I said, crashing onto my bed. 

I decided to see what kind of view I had from my window and opened the blinds.

It wasn't terrible. I could see out onto the street and the houses across the street from mine. I cranked open my window to let in some fresh air and I hopped off my bed and opened the dresser drawer that I recently put my t shirts into. I pulled out a large Pink Floyd shirt and threw it onto my bed.

I took off my shirt and jeans and walked over to my full-length mirror and studied myself. My dark blonde hair was quite curly and poofy right now. I looked tired. I looked down at my hips and frowned. The slight dips that I was so insecure about stood out the most.

"Hey!"

I spun around to look out my open window and saw a boy that looked to be my age sticking his head out of his window across the street and looking at me.

"Jesus!" I exclaimed, dropping to the ground and crawling to hide beside my bed.

I pulled my shirt off the bed and slipped it on over my bra and underwear. I stood up slowly and cranked my window closed and then whipped my blinds shut. I then got up from my bed and headed downstairs.

"Hey, mom, I'm going to bed," I said to my mom.

My Mom looked back from the T.V sleepily and waved her hand goodnight.

I walked back up the stairs and got into bed. I set my alarm for 7:00 am to give myself enough time to get ready for the new school in the morning.

"Goodnight Chicago," I said, turning on my side and closing my eyes.

A/N: sorry about the short chapter. I wanted to end it here but the next chapters will be much longer!!