"Don't worry. I can still fight. Focus on guarding the rear. Don't let any rogues get passed here and harm the people no matter what. I'll take the front lines"

"But Luna-"

"That's an order"

"Still, I can't accept this. I think I should come with you. You can't fight them off alone, especially with those injuries. Plus I've informed the alpha and he'll soon get back. In the meantime he said I should pro-"
Miss Aphrodite turned to him and glared. This is the first time I've seen her that angry.

"So what are you trying to say?"
A rogue pounced on her but she punched it without even giving it a glance as she continued to glare at the warrior.
"I don't need protection. I'm the Luna of this pack and I'll neither run away nor cower in fear when I face hardships. I have a responsibility to protect the people and I'll fulfill it till my last breath. No one else can do but me and do you know why?"

The man who was questioning her already had his tail in between his legs as he looked down.
"Why?"

"Because I am a woman"
Those words hit me like a ton of bricks just fell on my head and my eyes widened.
"I am the Luna so who else will do it but me? Next time think of what you say to me now do your job or leave this place. I've already wasted enough time lecturing you"

"Yes Luna"
He bowed and went back to his post.

Miss Aphrodite turned foward and sighed.
"Damn, my husband should've seen how cool I was right now"
She smiled to herself and charged towards the rogues.

One after the other, in a single blow, she kept on striking them down.
She was so fast that my eyes could barely keep up.
In a matter of 20 seconds, approximately 100 rogues had already been taken down and she jumped back to put some space between them as she was breathing heavy.

I could see the rogues starting to panic and she smirked.
She was about to attack again until one of them said something.
"I heard that you had kids, huh?"

That made her halt in her tracks as she started at it.
"I wonder what they taste like. Oh, I can't wait to find out"
The rogue started drooling as it started imagining weird things which made her mad.

Don't fall for it. It's just provoking you. It knows it can't win in hand to hand combat.
I wish I could tell her that but sadly, I can't.

"You really have the balls to say that to me"

"Oh sorry. I guess we have to kill you first before we go find them"

"That's if you can kill me"

"Your death has already been assured so be a good little bitch and hand over everything"

"In your dreams"
She was about to attack again when *BANG* we heard gun shots.

"MOM!!"
They both yelled and stood.
At this point, I can't blame them.

There was a bullet would in Miss Aphrodite's stomach and she fell to her knees.
"Sil...ver"

I looked at the place where the bullet came from and I saw a hooded person standing there.
Although I couldn't see his face, I could see that he had a huge scar on his jaw.
He had a nasty smirk on his face before he disappeared into the darkness of the night.