Sick Day (Rikey)

Začít od začátku

Mikey would check up on Grace to see if she had been sneezing. So far, the five-year-old said that her last sneeze was when she was eating bananas with Rowan earlier. For an instance, Mikey thought there was a possibility Grace was just going through some allergies.

When he got home, Ray took note of how observant his husband was being around their eldest daughter. He wondered if there was something going on. "What's wrong?" Ray asked while they were eating dinner. He had been meaning to question his husband.

"Grace has been sneezing." Mikey answered while he made sure Rowan wasn't making too big of a mess while she ate.

Ray arched an eyebrow. "I haven't heard her sneeze once since I got home."

"Neither have I. She did after school, but Hayley thinks it could be allergies." Mikey answered. He was still going to keep an eye on her.

He had been right though. Grace had not sneezed at all afterwards. She seemed perfectly fine until the next morning came along.

~~~

When morning came, Mikey woke up and headed to check on Rowan. He would get his youngest daughter up and make sure she was tended to. Ray was the one who would go and wake up their eldest daughter so she could get ready for school. On her first day of kindergarten, they had woken her up together since it was a big moment in all their lives. Mikey was even holding baby Rowan in his arms when they woke Grace up that day.

As if on cue, Rowan opened her eyes and smiled when seeing her mom. She reached her arms out wanting to he held. Mikey giggled. "Good morning, baby girl," he greeted her. He picked her up and changed her before heading downstairs.

Like the usual routine, Mikey went downstairs with baby Rowan and placed her on her highchair. He would cut her small fruit slices and make her a little bowl of oatmeal. It was easy to prepare while he made food for the rest of his little family. Rowan sat on her highchair watching her mom with curiosity.

While he grabbed oatmeal, he made overnight and popped it into the microwave, he made the batter for pancakes in another bowl. He grabbed a banana and dicing it. Mikey had placed some pancake batter into the pan when the oatmeal was ready.

"Here you go, Ro." Mikey said after placing the diced bananas on top of the oatmeal. Rowan squealed happily when she was given her food.

The blonde had finished making two pancakes when he heard footfalls from the stairs. He glanced up to see an unexpected sight. Standing in the entrance of the kitchen was Ray and Grace. However, Grace looked pale and her eyes were droopy like she got zero sleep last night. Ray was holding a box of tissues for Grace.

Mikey opened his mouth to say something when Grace sneezed. He doubted these were allergies.

"Babe, I think Grace has a cold." Ray decided to break the silence. He gave the box of tissues to Grace to hold. "Maybe some kid at school was sick. You said she was sneezing yesterday, right?"

Mikey nodded. "Yes, I thought she had allergies." He hated when his kids were sick. They didn't feel good and he hated that they didn't feel good. "What are her symptoms besides the sneezing?"

Ray turned to his eldest daughter. "Grace, how do you feel?" The afro-haired man chuckled when he realized that his daughter probably didn't feel that great. He shook his head. "I mean, do you have a sore throat? Have you been coughing?"

Grace sniffled. "My throat does feel weird...I keep sneezing." Suddenly, she began coughing a little. Yup, Grace had a cold.

"She has the runny nose." Ray pointed out. "I can call the school if you want?"