Crush (Frikey)

Mikey was flipping through his own copy of Electric Century. He had been anticipating the day that it was finished so he could hold and see his story. He knew he was no artist like his brother, but he could tell a story. His smile got wider when he went page by page in the comic.

It wasn't his first time working on a comic of his own. He had been over the moon when Collapser was released. It was another piece of his work he was proud of and spent so much time on.

He was just sitting at the dining table going over Electric Century when he heard a door open. "Babe, we're home!" Mikey looked up from the comic and eyed the entrance to the dining room.

"I'm in here!" Mikey hollered to his husband. Frank had gone to pick up their six-year-old Liam from school. Mikey was always excited to see his lite boy. He didn't spoil his son, but he loved him a lot. Liam was his child therefore he was going to treat him like the most precious gem to exist.

Mikey grinned when he heard Liam's voice. "Mommy!" He turned around and saw his husband and son enter the room. Mikey's eyes landed on the cage in Liam's arms.

"Hi baby." Mikey got up from his chair and approached Frank and Liam. He pecked Frank's cheek, having to lean a bit since he was a bit taller than him. Mikey looked down at Liam. "Whatcha got there?"

"Her name is Jocelyn!" Liam exclaimed happily.

Mikey smiled tightly and eyed Frank. "Oh...so Daddy took you to go get a little friend?"

Liam nodded. "Look Mommy! Isn't she pretty?" He held up the long cage a bit so his mom could see.

Mikey glanced at the cage. There was bedding at the bottom. A water bottle and food bowl filled with hay. There were also two little chew toys right in front of the hide house. Eating from the food bowl was a cream colored guinea pig.

Mikey had never had a guinea pig before. He had seen them at PetSmart, but he never thought he would ever have one. Clearly, Liam was going to have one thanks to Frank. Funny enough, Mikey doesn't recall discussing with his husband that Liam would be getting a pet anytime soon.

"She is pretty!" Mikey agreed. He ruffled his son's hair. "Why don't you go set her up in your room?" Liam nodded and walked out of the room. Mikey turned to his husband with crossed arms. "We've never talked about getting Liam a pet..."

Frank chuckled nervously. "Well, it was either a guinea pig or a spider and there was NO WAY in hell I was agreeing with the latter."

Mikey raised an eyebrow at his husband. "Uhm, Frank, we still hadn't discussed Liam having a pet regardless of what it is."

Frank frowned. "When I picked him up he wasn't having the best day at school and he wouldn't tell me. I just wanted to make him happy, you know?"

"Oh my gosh, what's wrong with my baby?!" Mikey panicked. Frank said Liam wasn't having a good day. He felt worry well up within him. Liam was his son, of course Mikey was going to fret about him.

Frank shrugged. "I'm not sure. He didn't want to talk about it. When I wasn't feeling the best at school, my dad took me to the shelter and we brought home a dog. I thought that would cheer him up."

"He picked a guinea pig over a dog?" The guinea pigs were cute, but Mikey knew he would have gone for the dogs or cats.

"He spotted Jocelyn in there and insisted of getting her. She's smaller than a dog, so I guess we don't have to worry about making space." Frank said, proving that his idea hadn't been a bad one.

Mikey frowned. "I hope he's okay. I really want to ask him about it. What if a kid at school is bullying him?"

"I'd like to think the teachers would have said something, but they don't catch everything even when watching kids." Frank replied with a deep sigh.