17 FamilySecret (Part II)

Start from the beginning

He sat on the chair beside her bed, "Everything. I'm going to tell you everything." 

He was silent for a moment staring at his hands and she frowned in annoyance, "Well, don't leave me hanging. You said everything, so let's hear it."  

"I just, don't know where to start." 

"The beginning is always best." 

He looked up at her after she'd spoken and she was shocked at the look on his face. He just looked so vulnerable. Like he was trying to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders. She couldn't help but want to comfort him, even though he was probably the rudest, jerk she'd ever met, he was still her mate. She'd never want to see him look this crushed.  

"The beginning," he repeated before he leaned back in the chair and got comfortable, "This is a long story, so I'll try and be as quick as I can. Basically, hundreds and hundreds of years ago, I had some great-great grandfather that double crossed a witch. And in case you don't know witches aren't the most forgiving of people, so she thought it might be fun to curse him and the rest of his offspring." 

"Curse?" She was not expecting that, "You're cursed." 

He nodded, "Yeah... it's really not as bad as it sounds. Most of the time it doesn't even feel like a curse. But right now it does. Basically, our little family curse is of great interest to hunters like Ronan. They're not sure if it's true or not and they'll do anything to see if it is. This is why, he..." 

Levi fisted his hands and clenched his jaw, seemingly really pissed as he gritted out, "This is why he paralysed you. He wants to see if the curse is true." 

"And what is the curse exactly?" 

Before Levi could answer the door swung open and in strolled a cocky, looking boy with a smirk that she swore she had seen a thousand times before. She had to really analyse him to figure out who he was as she glared at him, but her view was soon blocked by Levi's entire body as he stood between her and the intriguing visitor. 

Levi growled at the other boy, "Take one step closer and I will not hesitate to kill you." 

The boy chuckled at his threat, "Relax brother. I'm only here to help." 

Brother?! Levi had a brother? A hot brother to. The Alpha and Luna deserve some type of award for creating children this good looking. 

"Help my ass!" Levi argued, "You're nothing but trouble. Now either you leave willingly or I send you out in a body bag, your choice Luke." 

Luke continued to laugh, "I see you're still as violent as ever, is that the reason your little mate is paralysed? She's cute to, such a shame." 

Jane watched Levi angrily shake in front of her and she was honestly terrified that Levi was going to kill his brother without a second thought. She felt so helpless laying there unable to move, but she had enough reach within her arm to gently grab onto Levi's wrist and pull him closer to her and further away from Luke.  

She'd watched Elle do this to Mike a million times, the power of a mates touch was really underestimated. 

Levi visibly began to calm down and his brother laughed again, "Oh man! I can't believe that actually just happened my brother talked out of kicking my ass, by some little girl." 

"Shut up Luke!" Levi snapped. 

"But aren't you the least bit curious as to what I'm doing here? Because I promise, I did come to help. I heard about your mate, thought you may need me." Luke shrugged, "But... if you don't need my help, I'll just leave her to die. Oh well, have a nice life."