Part 18

The show started. Hermione and Harry headed downstairs with Sirius close behind them so that they could get warmed up. The chaperones started to chat to Sirius as he kept an eye on the two who were warming up.

The chorus had then turned up in their end of act 1 costumes waiting so that they could get on stage as the backstage staff were setting up the stage.

Harry started checking his harness as did Hermione. They both took their Academy jackets off and their sweatpants and handed them to Sirius. The chaperones allowed him to store their clothing in the junior dancers dressing room so that he could go and keep an eye on them side stage.

The flying crew were on standby and they attached both Hermione in on stage left and Harry in on stage right. They raised Hermione slightly up in the air so that she could check that she was alright.

She gave the signal that she was fine. Their music was about to start. Hermione stood ready so that she could take a run up and be in the air.

Harry was already on the stage. So, Hermione ran up and as she hit nearly the edge of the stage she was lifted up in the air and landed on the stage gracefully.

The audience were mesmerised as to what they are watching both Hermione and Harry do just on a set of wires.

Charlie then walked up towards Hermione as she detached herself from the wires and handed them over to Charlie who then gave her the wrist strap. Charlie put the small weight on and walked the wires offstage right so that the technical crew could keep a hold of them. She then walked back on to the centre of the stage.

Hermione and Harry finished off their act and they were then lowered down and then they took their final bow and Harry lifted Hermione up into his arms and they were flown off the stage.

Harry was detached from his wires and then was pulled up the stage so that they could walk with the main lead principle as they escorted her onto the stage.

They walked just behind the main lead as the guy playing the Tom the Cat was just in the middle of them.

Charlie walked off stage to collect the two sets of wires where they were to be attached to Hermione and Harry again along with another set of wires so that they could lift the main two principles up into the air.

They were ready as the last chorus was about to start. Hermione and Harry held one of the principles hands and they held hands together. They were lifted up into the air with the two principles just flying bellow them on the shorted wires and the wrist holder also on for protection.

All four of them were lifted up into the rigging and out of sight. Harry and Hermione hoisted both principles up so that they couldn't see their feet.

The curtains had closed, and the chorus cleared the stage and the four of them were lowered to the stage. The flying crew came and took the wires from them all and placed their weights on the flying wires and placed the other wires in a special briefcase that had a security lock on it so that no one could tamper with any of the equipment. Even all their harnesses were placed in another box so that they could keep everything safe.

The Stage Manager overseen to every move that was made that involved the flying equipment.

"Thank you very much. Emma, Alex you have your five-minute call." The Stage Manager told them as he headed to the cams to give out the five-minute call.

Harry and Hermione headed over to Sirius where he was talking to a chaperone.

"Sirius, everything ok?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, your Academy clothing is in the dressing room for the juniors." Sirius pointed to the shut door.

"Ah right, so they are getting changed then. Ok then." Harry mentioned as they started to do a warm down.

All four of the juniors came out dressed for the beginning of act 2. They came out holding their Academy clothes.

"Thank you very much." Hermione took their clothing from them.

"Could we have a picture of you both please with us and the dancers?" One them asked them.

"Yeah, and I think that I can also get someone else in the picture with us. But it depends on if you like him or not." Harry teased them.

"Oh, I would love for Draco Malfoy to be here."

"Someone call for me?"

The juniors looked down the corridor to see that Draco Malfoy was walking up towards them.

"They were just asking for a photo of us with the dancers." Harry mentioned.

"Oh, and they didn't want me! Oh well I'll just go back." Draco started to walk away.

"Please Mr Malfoy could we have our picture with you, Harry and Hermione please." The juniors ran up and jumped up and down begging him for a picture.

"Ok then. Plus, I want one as well if that's ok. A group one and you can have one each with me by yourselves."

"Plus, also you need to ask your chaperones for your presents from me and Harry as well when you have time."

The pictures were taken. Four very happy junior dancers were happy. Act 2 beginners was called.

Harry and Hermione headed to their dressing room where they remained dressed but put their jackets on and continued to finish off their warm down.

They were then asked to come and be onstage for the final scene. Charlie handed Hermione a dancer costume and Harry one of the male chorus costume that showed off his chest.

The dancers had come up to show Hermione their dance that did to Jai Ho.

"Wow, I can't believe that you are asking me to do this." Hermione put on the costume and headed downstairs to learn a new dance in only ten minutes.

Harry had to just stand there and be a chorus member and just follow what the male chorus did.

Sirius wasn't too sure about letting them both go on stage again, but as long as Harry was there with Hermione then he had no questions. He told the Stage Manager what was happening, and he was allowed up onto side stage.