13. Bubble Tea and Butterflies

"Move it move it, Jungkookie! You're gonna get sick!"

The cold rain stung the skin of Jungkook's cheeks and his body visibly tensed from cold under the slowly dampening material of his rain jacket. But he was stubborn, and tired from his morning exercise, so he kept his pace, much to Taehyung's annoyance.

"I'm fine! You go ahead!"

"Jeon Jungkook! Speed your ass up!" Taehyung turned around, running back to tug at the material of Jungkook's jacket in an attempt to hurry the swimmer along.

But Jungkook was a rock. A gorgeous, talented, stubborn rock.

Taehyung stopped with a huff, stomping his foot on the ground.

The next thing Taehyung knew, there was an ominous sort of splash from the ground as the material of his loafers and socks became noticeably colder and significantly wetter than they had been previously. Snapping his gaze to the ground in shock, Taehyung took in the state of his soaked shoe half submerged in a puddle he hadn't noticed before. His eyes travelled forward to Jungkook, and as he took in the state of the boy's dripping slacks and equally wet shoes, his expression relaxed and he crossed his arms indignantly with a hmph.

"You deserved that!"

"Oh did I now?"

"Yeah! You wanna be wet, you get to be wet!" Taehyung cackled, and Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"You're getting wet too by staying out here with me too, you know."

"Yeah, cause I have to stay with you!"

"No you don't."

"Yes I do! You're helpless without me! I'd leave and the next thing I know you've been run over by a car or abducted by aliens or something!" An amused sort of smirk passed over Jungkook's features and he chuckled lightly at the absurd comment.

"Aliens wouldn't want me."

"Jeon Jungkook, if I were an alien I assure you you'd be my first experimental specimen. Big muscles, you know. Aliens are like, probably super skinny from eating nothing but space junk all their lives, I'm sure they'd be fascinated by you."

"M' flattered that I'd be your first pick. But what is with you and my muscles? You bring them up all the time, I swear."

"Nothing! They're just nice muscles!"

"Kim Taehyung, do you have a secret muscle kink or something I should know about?"

"What? Pft no." Taehyung rolled his eyes and swatted the air in front of him, accidentally spraying Jungkook with drops of water that sailed off his long fingers with his dismissal of his ridiculous claim.

He wasn't going to admit that maybe there was a hint of truth in his words.

Maybe.

His last boyfriend had been super skinny and Taehyung himself was still a virgin, so he couldn't be sure. But he wouldn't mind—

No Taehyung, snap out of it. You will not think about Jungkook in that way. Taehyung scolded himself.

"Uh, Taehyung? You coming?" Jungkook's voice cut through the splattering sounds of the falling rain, and looking up, Taehyung realized that Jungkook was now walking ahead of him.

"Hey! Wait up!" Taehyung sprinted the short way ahead, catching up with Jungkook in seconds.

"See, I was alone and nothing bad happened. I'm still in one piece and haven't been abducted. Have some faith in me." Jungkook chuckled, and Taehyung rolled his eyes.