Specials! 32: Kiba's Past

Start from the beginning

"Kiba went through a lot of hardship even at a young age." Erin harbored anger toward the researchers. "Curse those evil people."

"My consciousness started to fade away along with the pain running through my body. I started to hold strong vengeance within me. From that day, I swore that I will make those researches pay if ever I survived the state I am in."

Kiba looked up and continued narrating

"Just when I was about to lose my life, a crimson color appeared into my eyes. When I lifted my head up, a crimson haired girl was standing in front of me. I could see her smiling even though my eyes were blurry."

What do you seek for?”

"The girl asked me that while she held me who was about to die. That was my meeting with my master, Rias Gremory."

"So Rias indeed saved you during that time." Erin said and Kiba nodded at this.

"Hai. That happened 4 years ago. After that encounter in the snowy forest, I woke up and found myself lying on a bed. I instantly panicked upon being in an unfamiliar place. While I had many doubts, the door opened and a small girl carrying a basin comes in. It was Koneko-chan. And the moment that she realized I was awake, she rushed out of the room while she carried the basin with her."

"Koneko-chan.." Erin mused. "So Rias recruited her ahead of Kiba."

"Akeno-senpai appeared shortly after that and she brought Buchou with her. Koneko hid behind Buchou, and Buchou introduced her and Akeno-senpai to me.

*(Flash!)*

“Please don’t bully this girl. She’s really bad with people. She’s called Koneko, so do take care of her. The other girl with black hair is called Akeno.”

"Koneko-chan must have been scared at that time." Erin remarked.

"Yes, that was my first meeting with Koneko-chan. She was just taken in by Buchou back then where she started to recover her emotions so it was a time when she was really cautious of everything." Kiba smiled at the memory

"After that I started to question Buchou on who they are and what their motives are. Back then, I understood that she and the others had an unusual aura around them that didn’t belong to a human. I became hysterical that I took the scissors placed on the table and pointed it at them."

"But Buchou just laughed at my action. She didn’t even get mad at my behavior. She explained that we were in her temporary residence in Japan and that she brought me there since I had a face close to that of a Japanese person. Afterwards, she revealed that I was now a reincarnated devil... And that reality greatly destroyed the value I had back then..."

"I understand why that is." Erin said in sympathy. " You were told that Devils were evil and were the enemies of the followers in the church, right?"

"Yes. That's why I still had doubts at Buchou back then. Heck, I was even scared." Kiba played with the water bottle on his hand. " There was no way a Devil can be kind. There must be a reason behind this. That was how I thought."

"But amidst that doubt, I also thought that it was a good chance for me. Using a Devil in order to accomplish my vengeance might be a good idea. Back then I had my mind in a terrible state due to my hatred and suspicions towards others that I didn’t mind giving my soul to a Devil in order to take my vengeance for my comrades."

"Did you try escaping from that place?" Erin asked curiously.

"Yes but trying to escape from the mansion was a hard thing. It seemed like there was a powerful barrier and even though I was able to walk till the entrance, I wasn’t able to open the door."