𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Mulai dari awal

Phoenix felt as though Finnick needed an explanation. Although she already knew Finnick would never blame her, hell, Phoenix could've killed him and his last words probably would've been a declaration of love. But she didn't, she simply hurt him beyond imaginable and Phoenix wanted to give him an explanation.

" Inside the Capitol. " Phoenix began, with Finnick cutting her off immediately. " You don't need to tell me Phoenix, I don't want you reliving any of it. " Finnick said, not wanting the memories of the Capitol to bring back any aggression towards him. " They told me what happened. " Finnick stood up from the bed before walking towards Phoenix.

Now in front of her, Finnick moved some of the hair out of her face. " You don't need to explain yourself to me. You never needed to, there's no need for it to start now. " His tone was soothing as he cupped her face. Phoenix felt the tears welling up in her eyes. " I was just so scared, I had no idea what was and wasn't real. " Finnick nodded his head at these words, having heard them countless times from the people who came to comfort him after Phoenix's first day inside District 13.

" Whatever they showed you there, none of that was real. " Finnick began, rubbing her face with the pad of his thumb. " This is real. Me and you, right here. All of this is real. " Phoenix nodded her head, leaning into Finnick's touch. He pressed a kiss onto her forehead and Phoenix wished the two could stay like this forever, yet as the door to her room opened and the two detached, Phoenix knew she'd have to wait longer for that wish to come true.

They both looked at the door almost in unison, seeing Maeve walking in with a nurse on her side. " Glad to see everything's still going good. " Maeve smiled as she walked closer to the bed. " Phoenix we just need to check your vitals, make sure everything is okay. " The nurse spoke. Phoenix remembered her from her first day inside District 13, has been the same woman who asked whether or not Phoenix should be sedated. Yet with Maeve by her side, Phoenix had no reason not to trust her. " Can I see Annie? " Phoenix said, looking past Maeve and the nurse.

A smile spread onto Finnick's face, with him nodding right after. " Yes, she would love that. " Finnick responded, knowing Annie had been asking when she would be able to see Phoenix. " Go get her Finnick. " Maeve nodded. " I'm gonna need to talk to Phoenix. " With these words, her tone was lower, just loud enough for Finnick to hear.

The nurse had some questions for Phoenix, with her answering each one with ease. These were the same questions Phoenix was asked most days. Ones that centered around things Phoenix should know. Stuff like; her name, age, and where she was. And Phoenix answered each one while having her vitals checked.

Maeve waited until Phoenix was fully checked before saying anything to her. With it just being them inside the room, Maeve finally started talking. " I'm glad your feeling better. " But Phoenix realized the absence of someone in the room. " Where's Canary? " Phoenix asked, knowing the two older women were almost always together. " That's what I needed to talk to you about. " Maeve began, making Phoenix feel nervous.

" She's training right now. " Maeve added, causing Phoenix's eyebrow to raise. " When I talked to Coin, she told us her plans for sending your sister and me back out on the frontlines soon. " Maeve watched Phoenix shake her head at these words. " I never wanted her to fight. " Phoenix muttered, having always begged for Maeve to keep Canary safe. " I couldn't stop her, at the end of the day she is a grown woman. " Phoenix's eyes shifted to the ground, a pit growing in her stomach.

" When? " Phoenix asked, wondering how much time she had left with the two. " There's gonna be a wedding held here soon, we're leaving the day after. " Maeve mentioned, watching Phoenix take in the information. But Phoenix knew there was nothing she could say to talk them out of it. And even if she did, it wasn't their choice to leave, it would be Coin who was sending them out.