Chapter One

(Draco Malfoy)

There he was, the idiot. Walking into the hall for breakfast with Weasley and Granger following him around like adoring little puppies. I think it was pretty obvious that most people were in love with Potter but I hoped that I wasn't that obvious. I had liked him since the first year when I asked to be friends. I knew I was gay but I had no idea if he was or not. I was out to my closest friends but no one else, I couldn't risk my father finding out. 

"Draco? Hello? Might want to wipe the drool before someone notices." That was Pansy, she knew about me and I about her. I hadn't even noticed that I was staring, my head on the table until she drew my attention to it. I decided to leave without saying anything else before I could embarrass myself even more. I grabbed an apple from the table, threw it in the air, and caught it swiftly before making my way upstairs to my common room to read for a while.

I had just gotten a new book, it was about potions and my father wanted me to read it so I would be sure to get good grades in the upcoming year. Speaking of my parents, I had a letter to reply to from mother. I went to my room to go get things to write with, I had quite a while before I needed to go to class so I would to it now and please her. I wrote about classes, food, weather, and Pansy. We were both pretending to date so that our families wouldn't find out we were both gay. I always wrote to mother about the same things. It kept her happy. It wasn't long before I had to go to class so I put the letter in my bag before going to the dungeons for potions. 

I sat near Potter, stupid, annoying, beautiful Potter. I couldn't focus. At all this lesson. I had no doubt that my father would hear about this one so I told myself I would be extra good in future.