14 | a helping hand

En başından başla

Hey, it's Ricky. I know this is a bit weird and
random just messaging you like this, but I got your
Facebook through a mutual friend.

I furrow my brows and sit down on the end of my bed, typing out a reply.

Oh hey. Uh that's fine. How are you?

I place the phone back down on the bed and stand up, thinking that he will probably take a while to reply when I suddenly get a ping through.

I'm good. You looked nice earlier

I almost scoff, looking down at my outfit. Nice? I'm literally wearing a pair of sweats and a basic t-shirt.

Oh, thank you (:

What? I can't exactly be rude to the guy, he gave me a compliment.

It's probably a bit forward but.. did you want to hang out sometime?

I stare at the message, genuinely not knowing what to type back. Do I want to hang out with him? I mean, I did just meet the boy. I don't even really know him.

My mom did say that he was nice and it's not like I have any better offers right now. What harm can it do? He seems like a good guy.

Sure, why not.

I take a deep breath, tapping on the screen as I wait for his reply.

Cool. I'll sort something out and message you later :)

I lock my phone, getting up and heading to my bathroom to take a much needed shower.

Ricky is attractive and seems nice, and he's actually showing some sort of interest in me which makes me read into this even more than I probably should.

He just wants to hang out. I can hang out. I think?

__________

Yesterday was weird to say the least. I'm still shocked that Ricky actually asked to hang out with me.

He's doing pretty well for himself considering he just moved to town. Making friends, attending parties and asking girls out.

Wait — he just means as friends, right?

Shit, I didn't clarify that part.

I told Shyla and Aven obviously, who were both practically bouncing off the walls while on FaceTime to me.

They were annoyed that they hadn't met him first so that they could do an 'initial assessment' and a 'background check'. I'm sure those girls think they're in the fucking FBI.

They stalked his Facebook profile while we were on FaceTime so that they could give me their honest feedback and opinions.

There actually wasn't a lot to tell by his account. It revealed hardly any information on him at all, but I suppose a lot of boys are like that. They post one picture and use it for the next eight plus years, mostly of them on a bike or holding a fucking fish.