A Dragon, A Girl, And The Castle (Namjoon)

"What if I told you..."

"Go on."

"I could free you with me? Only if you help me escape."

.

.

.

Your eyes slowly fluttered open as you were met with the gleaming sun peering through your giant window seal. You thought you closed the curtains all the way, but apparently, you had a visitor last night. You sat up and carefully removed your satin lined bonnet as your curls spread themselves out.

"I wonder if the mystical being is at his usual routine..." You fully got out of bed and walked over to the wardrobe that held your freshly sewn gown for today. "Perhaps he has great taste in gowns after all." Once you freshen up yourself with a warm drawn-out bath and bubbles, you washed your face and completed a light look of makeup to go with your hair.

"I see you've made great use of the gown I picked up." You turn to see your guardian coming through the window with his disguisable human form. "It looks grand on you as always dear." He huffed slowly as the smoke left his nose. You smiled lightly before turning to the male completely. "You're probably the smoothest dragon I've ever met..." His fangs gleamed as he showed them on full display. "I'm the only dragon you've met."

He grabbed your hand in his and guided you onto the balcony surrounded by the vast plant life and bird feeder done by none other than Namjoon. "How many days has it been? Perhaps one hundred and fifty-two?" He nods his head and continues to fill the bird feeder for the many finches and woodpeckers that stop to take their fill and leave.

"I'm just doing what your parents ordered, they needed someone to guard you until the prince comes for your rescue." You rolled your eyes as both of you had this conversation multiple times. "And who is this prince again? Do you even know him? Not only that, do you know if he'll come?" Namjoon shook his head lightly and lifted his hand to caress your cheek. "It's not my job to tell you that. I'm just your guard..."

With that, he grew out his wings that soon followed with his black dragon form and flew to his post on top of your castle. You wanted to call him back down but figured it was no use. It wasn't his job to tell you about what your parents had going on, or what their plan is.

"Just how much longer until this shit ends?!" Before you could leave your balcony, a large breath of fire hits the sky and you can see Namjoon smirking down at you even in his dragon form.

"fifty more days to go..."