"It's nice to know you like me because I've liked you for a while too".

"We've wasted a lot of time not being together haven't we?"

"Yes we have".

I would love to know more about you are you an only child?"

"No I have two more siblings twins who are twenty-three this year".

"Well it's safe to say you know how I would answer that same question".

She laughs and I'm filled with such joy. We talk about everything while getting to know each other better. I know her favourite colour is yellow and she loves the tv show The Flash.

"I'm never seen an episode", I tell her.

"You're missing out on the whole Arrowverse William. I'm going to make sure you see at least the Arrow tv show it's amazing".

The food arrives and with it the lasagna and as expected it was very tasty. Whoever invented lemon chicken needs an award.

I now know Eva's parents are still together and all about her siblings. One is studying to be a doctor and the other a lawyer. The siblings all studied degrees which will help them when they take over the family's many different businesses.

Eva tells me one of the reasons she studied accounting was to be able to help run her father's firm which she works in.

When it was time for dessert I was upset with myself for not asking her out again. I take a deep breath and go for it, "Would you like to go on another date with me?"

"I would love to William," I smile broadly. I pour us another glass of champagne and I raise my glass, "To us".

"To us", god she's beautiful.  Her white smile was dazzling and her brown eyes just draws you in.

The next morning I try to turn over in bed to look at the clock I couldn't. I didn't remember falling asleep or going to bed. I suddenly felt a weight on me I look down Eva's head was on my chest and she was still asleep. I look under the covers we were both naked.

Last night came back to me I remember we both got hammered and I invited her to stay.  I didn't want her to drive home in that state or take a taxi. I smile and go back to sleep it was an excuse for her to stay. We both knew she has bodyguards and a driver. I think the years of pent up longing caught up with us.

The next time I wake up I'm alone in bed I was crushed she just left me like that. I get up and head for the bathroom where I brush my teeth and have a shower. When I was dressed I walked into my kitchen to see Eva wearing my robe. She was wearing one of my shirts underneath it.

"Good morning thank you for making breakfast but you didn't have to". I kiss her.

"I know I wanted to".

I close her robe and tie the front of it no one else was getting a look at her body if I can help it.

"You can set the table everything is almost ready and Debbie has already called me to see if I stayed over".

"What did you tell her?"

"The truth it's not like the staff won't talk I was thinking you could come over to my house later. Debbie explained the rules about you being seen in public with me".

"We both belong to the same private members club we can go there with the knowledge people won't sell the story to the press".

"I've been thinking William did the country accept Debbie because she's so much lighter than me. I mean I'm fully black".

"The people accept her because she was born in Denmark and is their future queen".

"That's true but we can't forget her husband is white and if you didn't know her children had a black grandparent. They would be class as white with their blue eyes. Heck even her little brother has blonde hair and grey eyes that's why they like her".

"They will like you too Eva because your father is a billionaire which means you won't be seen as a gold digger and you're Danish to boot. The fact I like you should be enough for them and yes there's a tiny racist portion of the population. Who will hate you because of the colour of your skin like they do Debbie. There's nothing I can do about that except protect you".

We went out to dinner that night then to her place Eva's penthouse was extremely luxurious, her sofas, kitchen cabinets and island were all a different shade of white. Her bedrooms were the only places that had a pop of colour. Her bedroom like mine have a king size bed. I recognise some of the art pieces in her home when I was redecorating the palace I bought some pieces from the same artist.

Over the next couple of weeks we got to know each other better. We went out on dates and I even took her on holiday to Aruba.

Eva and I were dating for two months before I met her father for the first time. He invited me over for dinner, "Thank you for the invitation sir".

"Malcom is fine William I invited you here because I want to know how you're going to protect my daughter when the relationship is made public".

"Daddy I already have bodyguards".

"He's right Eva, the truth is sir Eva will only get royal protection when we're engaged and not before then. But I can pay for personal ones for her".

"There's no need I can protect my daughter I just needed to know how royal protocol works. Let me warn you now don't hurt my baby or I'll have to hurt you".

"I will never hurt her I promise you".

Is Eva right to worry and why is that her first thought she's darker than Debbie after sleeping with William.

The Lonely Prince(BWMN)Book 3 of The House Of Jensen Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें