Ch. 42 - Opportunities

Start from the beginning

"No, he said he needs more time."

You hummed in response. "I don't blame him there."

Truth be told, you had woken up from a nightmare about the car accident a few hours earlier. You were only going through your closet to try and set your mind at ease for a bit.

"He sent some leftovers if you want them for dinner. I'll be in my studio."

"Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Just tired."

You ate dinner alone. You thought about calling Yoongi out of the studio, but he seemed like he had a lot on his mind.

After dinner, you texted Amy to see if she was available to talk. You thought she'd at least be able to help you with this outfit conundrum.

She texted you back an hour later saying that she was on a date. She promised to talk soon.

When had she started dating someone?

Dinner at your parents' went about as well as expected. Long, awkward pauses where the only sound was chewing. Your father asked Yoongi tons of questions about the company. He answered with as few words as possible.

Your mother kept talking about the trip and everything they were going to see. How much they'd enjoy the time together. She promised to send a postcard or two.

Must be nice to actually go on vacation with someone because you wanted to.

Work wasn't any better. Continuous calls from clients wanting to know what was going on with their orders, why this wasn't done yet, etc. You had told Yoongi days ago that when he came back to the office he needed to check up on the shipping department and that conveyor belt.

You stormed up to his office without thinking and knocked a bit more aggressively than you probably should have.

But he wasn't even there. You left him a message too.

Namjoon wasn't at his desk either. You imagined he was downstairs with Sun, an idea that was confirmed when he came back to work with a goofy smile on his face.

And yet you couldn't even find your own husband in the office when you needed him.

You were about to take your lunch when you received a call from Choi Siwon. "We've got your payment all settled and ready for you to pick up."

"That was quick."

He chuckled. "Sometimes it works out that way. Are you able to come to pick it up today?"

"Yes, I should be able to come in the next hour."

"Perfect. We'll see you then."

You went back upstairs to tell Yoongi where you were going. But just as you had the thought, you saw him in a meeting with Yesung and Kyuhyun. They were using one of the big conference rooms by his office. There was no telling when they'd get done.

So you left a message with Sun on your way out.

You drove yourself to the law office to see Choi Youngjae sitting behind the desk as always.

"Mr. Siwon is in the back conference room," he told you with a large smile. You nodded in understanding and made your way back there.

"Nice to see you again," Siwon said as you entered the room. "Here's the money for you, Mr. Min, and Mr. Kim. I just need you to sign off on this waiver saying that we gave it to you."

You took the envelope he handed over to you. "You're free to check that if you like," he added.

"That's okay. I know where you work if I have an issue with it."

He nodded as he watched you sign off on the document. "Are you all right? You seem a bit...rushed."

"I'm sorry. I need to get back to work soon."

"I understand. Well, thank you for your time. I mean this in the nicest way, but I hope you won't need our services again."

You offered him a weak smile in return. You turned to leave when a thought suddenly struck you.

"Mr. Choi?"

"Siwon, please."

"Siwon. If I brought a legal document to you, could you look over it?"

"Of course. May I ask what kind of document?"

"A contract."

The minute you got back to the office, you were making your way upstairs to Yoongi's office. You'd planned to interrupt the meeting if he was still having it. Luckily, he was in the middle of eating lunch when you barged in on him.

"If this is about your message, I haven't listened to it yet," he told you, barely lifting his gaze from the food he was eating.

"It's not. We're getting a divorce."