one hundred twenty-three

Start from the beginning

Thor let off a battle cry, but it was drowned out in the cried of their entire army as the Avengers met with Thanos' army in the middle of the debris covered battlefield, commencing the beginning of the end.

Audelia fired off her repulsors as her and Pepper flew around one another, staying back to back in the air as they fending off the incoming chitauri. Tony and Rhodey flew in from the side, the group hovering back to back as they all fired, taking down the incoming aliens before Tony and Rhodey departed to other ongoing fights.

Tony landed on the ground not far from where he just was, fending off multiple aliens before one knocked him back. Before Tony got the chance to defend himself, Peter Parker swooped in, taking out the alien as he rushed to Tony's side, dragging him to his feet.

"Holy cow, you will not believe what's going on!" Peter's words were just flying out of his mouth before he could even really think about what he was saying. "Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? I must've passed out because I woke up and you were gone. But then Doctor Strange was there, right? And he was like 'it's been five years come on they need us' and he started doing the yellow, sparkly thing he does..."

Tony didn't give the boy a chance to say another word, pulling him into the tightest hug he possible could. It threw Peter off for a second, but he figured he shouldn't ruin the moment, and accepted the hug gratefully.

There was a shot right next to them as they pulled away, an outrider falling to the ground beside them. They turned more, Audelia standing a few feet away with he mask down as she looked between the boys incredulously. 

"We are in the middle of a war, save the hugging for later!"

Peter cleared his throat, awkwardly saluting Audelia before cursing himself for even doing that.

"S-sorry, Ms. Motter,"

"It's Mrs. Stark now, kid," Deli shot back, a fond smile crossing her face as she looked at him. "Now get moving!"

Audelia landed between Steve, Natasha and Bruce, helping them to fend off a giant hoard of outriders currently en route to them. Steve called for her to duck as he threw Mjolnir at an incoming alien behind her, allowing her to blast the one coming up on his side as she made sure to stick close to Natasha's side.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint's voice came over frantic through the comms system as they realized it was him carrying the gauntlet.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve called back as he called Mjolnir back to him to fend out another outrider.

"No!" Bruce interjected as Audelia and Natasha finished off the last of the hoard in their immediate area. "We need to get them back where they came from."

One of Thanos' minions was able to shoot a missile in their direction, forcing the four standing together to throw themselves over the rocks behind them and down into the trench dug out from the explosion below.

Tony, Pepper and Peter landed in the trench with them after a second as T'Challa and Okoye, along Peter Quill made their way over to them as well.

"Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel, there's no way to get them back," Tony explained as he lifted his helmet, along with Pepper and Audelia.

"Hang on!" Scott's voice come over the comms. "That wasn't our only time machine."

La Cucaracha, the annoyingly loud car horn of Scott Lang's van that had been transformed into a quantum tunnel itself, rang out from somewhere in the battlefield.

Natasha and Steve immediately climbed to the top of the hill, Nat pointing out into the distance. 

"Good news is I see it," she explained to the group behind her. "Bad news? You are not going to like where it's parked."

"Scott," Audelia went over the comms. "How much time do you need to get the van working?"

"Uh, maybe ten minutes?"

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you," Steve turned his attention back to the group in the trench with him. "Clint is out there right now and he's got the stones. We've got two plans in place: either keep the path clear to get Clint to Scott, or make sure those stones don't wind up in Thanos' hands."

"Have each other's backs, no matter what," Audelia chimed in, sending a tiny smile over to Tony. "It's worked for us all our lives, hasn't it?"

The team didn't waste another second in the trenches, throwing themselves back into the fight.

◾◾◾

I have work in the morning but I am desperately trying to crank almost the rest of this book out tonight let's see if I can do it