one hundred twenty-three

The sight of King T'Challa of Wakanda exiting the portal lifted a weight off of Audelia and Tony's shoulders

The sight of King T'Challa of Wakanda exiting the portal lifted a weight off of Audelia and Tony's shoulders. They felt they could breathe for the first time in five years.

Audelia could feel her hands shake within her suit as T'Challa stepped toward Steve and Natasha, Okoye and his sister by his side. She gripped onto Tony, her eyes never leaving the sight before them as she helped him rise to his feet.

The smallest of smiles crossed T'Challa's face as he turned from Tony and Natasha to Audelia and Tony, just as Sam Wilson flew out of a portal above.

One by one, portal by portal, everyone returned. Five long years later, and they were all coming back at once.

Audelia could hear Tony's breath catch as Stephen Strange opened up a portal, the guardians appearing at his side before Peter Parker himself landed beside them, a smile on his face as his mask disappeared. A tear ran down Audelia's cheek as she let out a laugh, gripping onto Tony as a smile crossed his own lips.

"Yibambe!"

"Yibambe!"

Wakanda's army, every tribe joined together, marched through the portals behind T'Challa, the same people that years ago Audelia had fought alongside of. Hoards of Masters of the Mystic Arts followed along behind Wong, Wanda Maximoff landing at their side as she sent a smile the woman's way.

The Asgardians, Bucky, heroes that some of them had never even met before descended from the portals, standing together as one against Thanos' army.

There was a loud sound just feet from Audelia and Tony as they turned, a flash or blue and silver landing on the ground beside them. Tony's breath caught as he recognized the suit before them, Pepper's face greeting their's as her helmet lifted.

Something weighed heavy on Audelia's heart in that moment, remembering what had happened not so long ago. Her friend's eyes were rimmed red, skin irritated and dried streaks of tears on her cheeks. But she stood before them, in the armor made just for her, ready to fight.

Tucked into her arm was another helmet, the silver and gold accents shining. The weight lifted off of Audelia's heart as she looked at the mask that would've been Nathan's, knowing that he was here with them. He did this for them, and it was their turn to pay him back.

Scott Lang supersized himself, his massive suit towering over the battle field as he broke free of the debris left of the compound. He held out his hand, allowing Bruce, Rocket and Rhodey to join the field of battle, all eyes focused on Thanos.

Audelia and Tony stood on either side of Steve as cried rang out from their army behind them. There was only one goal in mind: stopping the mad titan from winning again. Thor Stepped up beside Tony, the pair exchanging a nod as lightning lit up Stormbreaker.

"Avengers!" Steve called out to the team, tightening what was left of his shield. He held out his hand, Mjolnir landing inside of his palm as he grit his teeth. "Assemble."