sixty-three

MAY OF 2014

MAY OF 2014

Natasha Romanoff let out a sigh as she watched Steve Rogers stalk out of the room of the underground SHIELD base. Sam went to move after him but she held up her hand, shaking her head quickly.

"Let him have a moment," she told him, looking back over at Nick Fury, who lied in a bed with his wounds being addressed. "He kind of just learned quite a bit from someone he was supposed to trust."

"Put it behind you, Romanoff," Fury shot as Maria Hill stepped into the room, holding a briefcase in her hands.

"Listen, we need to move on and discuss the plan while Captain Rogers figures everything out," she opened the briefcase, showcasing the three server blades resting inside. "These are out replacement server blades. Wilson, you and Rogers are going to be in the field with these. You need to replace the current server blades on all three ships with these before we run out of time. Romanoff, you're in charge of dumping the SHIELD files and exposing HYDRA."

Sam and Natasha nodded their heads in agreement as the red head leaned forward, grabbing onto one of the chips and examining it in her hand.

"Pretty high tech stuff to come up with on the fly for a pair of agents,"

"That's because they didn't. Instead, they called me and ruined my vacation,"

Natasha and Sam looked up at the same time to see Audelia Motter standing in the doorway of the room. The brunette looked over to Nick and Maria, giving them a nod before walking further into the room, meeting with Natasha in the middle as the red head rose to her feet.

"It's good to see you," Natasha told her with a small hint of a smile, bringing her friend into a hug that was reciprocated. "Sorry they ruined your vacation."

"Don't worry, I'd definitely rather be here then in Lake Bled right now," Audelia sarcastically shot back, shooting a look at Maria and Nick. She stepped away from Natasha, walking up to Sam and shaking his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Wilson. I read your file on the way over."

"Well...I consider it an honor that Imperial herself has read my file,"

Audelia let out a small laugh, looking around the room as she noticed the absence of the super soldier. Her eyes met with Natasha, who only gave her a small nod that told Deli everything she already needed to know. Audelia nodded back, motioning out of the room and she exited, Natasha following behind her as Sam was left with Nick and Maria.

The pair walked quietly down the hallway for a moment, side by side as some of the stray SHIELD agents who were actually with SHIELD walked past them, rushing to do work that Maria had assigned to them.

"So, SHIELD has been HYDRA this entire time," Audelia finally spoke, looking over at Natasha who shrugged her shoulders.

"And you're in a relationship with Tony, finally, while your ex-fiance is dating Pepper and your daughter is over 2 years old already. The world is pretty crazy,"