fifteen

"You've all received the official statement of what occurred at Stark Industries last night

"You've all received the official statement of what occurred at Stark Industries last night.There have been unconfirmed reports that a robotic prototype malfunctioned and caused damage to the arc reactor..."

Audelia and Pepper engaged themselves in small talk, leaning up against the back of one of the couches in the back room to the conference hall. The pair looked over and laughed every so often as they watched Tony flinch away from Nathan's outstretched hand as he tried to clean the wound on his head.

"Alright, that's about as good as it's gonna get," Nathan packed up the tools as he looked over at Audelia. "I'm going to go wash my hands, I'll be back."

Tony and Audelia both watched him leave the room, leaning around the corner to see that he was completely out of the room before they began the conversation that Nathan couldn't be apart of.

"They're calling me 'Iron Man'," Tony said with a smirk, gesturing to the newspaper in his hands as Deli and Pepper moved to stand beside him. "That's kind of catchy. It's got a nice ring to it. I mean, it's not technically accurate. The suit's a gold-titanium alloy, but it's kind of evocative, the imagery, anyway. Apparently some pictures surfaced of you, too. They don't obviously realize it's you, but Iron Woman would be cool..."

"Just remember that according to your our alibi, that's not us," Deli reminded him as Phil Coulson walked forward, handing the stack of cards with the alibi on it to Tony. "And even if they did know, I would not be Iron Woman. I'm no one's sidekick."

"According to your alibi, you two were on a yacht with Pepper," Tony shifted through the speech as Coulson talked. "We have port papers that put you both in Avalon all night, and sworn statements from 50 of your guests. That's what happened, read it word for word."

Deli placed herself next to Tony as Pepper excused herself, telling the pair that she would keep Nathan busy until the press conference. She read the alibi over Tony's shoulders, looking up at Phil.

"There's nothing about Stane in here,"

"That's being handled. He's on vacation, small aircraft have such poor safety records," Deli nodded her head, shrugging her shoulders at Tony as he shifted through the cards again.

"And this cover story, about it being our bodyguards? That's...I mean, that's kind of flimsy, don't you think?"

"Mr. Stark, Ms. Motter, this isn't my first rodeo," Coulson looked between the pair intently. "Just stick to the official statement, and soon, this will all be behind you."

Leaving it off on that, Coulson exited the room, leaving just Tony and Deli alone once more.

Tony rose from his chair, shifting through the cards once again before his eyes trailed up to watch Audelia. She fastened the strap on her heels, grabbing her blazer from where it was thrown over the back of a couch and slipping her arms through it.